Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the bike ('92 honda cbr600f2) be resting on the kickstand so that the bike is leaning at an angle?

or does the bike have to be standing straight up

Will just raising the rear wheel do?

Or does the front wheel also need to be off the ground

Thanks!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
What fluids are you trying to check?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Assuming you are checking the oil level. Bike has to be level...can't be on the side stand. If you want to put it up on stands, make sure you use both front and rear and they are level. (same height)

btw- don't know much about bikes, I just remember the mechanic at suzuki mentioned this.

·
20,262 Posts
If you're checking all then have the wife hold the bike in the upright position or get a bike stand (next thing I'd buy if i were you). That way everything is level and you can check everything.

·
20,262 Posts
don't need one for the front, just the back will be fine

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Yeah get a back stand. I do it the cheap way tho, I kneel next to the bike and ease it off the kickstand slowly, stabilising it, then I lean it back over on the stand slowly after I am done looking at the oil glass.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my bike doesn't have a oil glass, just a dipstick believe it or not

but thanks for the info I will get that rear stand, hopefully a used one.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Mine has the dipstick only also.....still has to be level though. stands are not a bad investment, cheaper than new plastics if it falls or something.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
anytime bro.....thanks...I am esaily amused, can you tell??....:eek:nfloor

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
I wouldn't put it on a stand to check oil, since that will raise the rear and oil will go farwards, making the oil level seem lower than it really is. Just put a piece of a 2x4 under the kickstand and it will be practically level but still leaning on it enough to not fall over. That's what i do when I need to put it up on a stand by myself anyway.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol Officer :D

Enos that 2x4 sounds like a good idea...cheap too which is important to me... is that the right amount of thickness for my bike? it's a 600f2

Thanks

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
I had an f3.. I checked the dipstck using the same method, just don't drop the bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts