Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nope.. unfortunately im bikeless right now as i sold my bike to take care of a couple of Credit Card bills and so i can upgrade to a b***** CC bike here this summer or by this fall.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Hey I just want to check into the thread. Seems all the people I ride with now just go from wawa to wawa so looking for some new people to ride with. In Harford co.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you checked Craigslist lately? there are many for sale for fairly cheap but for 1500 or so you should expect high miles and some cosmetic scratches

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeppo.

Just can't find the right deal.

I'm thinking I'm going to wait until next spring so I can have all of the money to buy good gear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yo dats whassup. I say that all of us SBN subscribers in Maryland meet up some where in the middle of all of us (so all of us have to ride a distance). We meet up talk about the ride, shoot the bull (not slap-the-bull like in Hogs Wild.... LOL), maybe grab some food and begin a life long friendship kinda thing.... (sounds gay but you know what I mean).

If you are interested let me know by replying to this board.
I would like to meet up, I really want to try that Sprint of your,,, Tell you what, i will let you ride my 24000.00 dollar Beemer to let me ride your 10,000.00 dollar Triumph,,,, I almost bought one, but never test rode it!
I do need to put a new rear tire on, but!!!!
Is your bike RED?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would like to meet up, I really want to try that Sprint of your,,, Tell you what, i will let you ride my 24000.00 dollar Beemer to let me ride your 10,000.00 dollar Triumph,,,, I almost bought one, but never test rode it!
I do need to put a new rear tire on, but!!!!
Is your bike RED?
Sunset Red it is. I'm currently repairing it thought -- I lust laid it down this past Wednesday. Not any bad damage, left fairng (lower and small part of upper) got scratched up and my gear shift peg got bent up as the bike slide on its side (replacement parts on order).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since there are not too many of those Sprints on the road, i saw one go by the house sum 3 weeks ago or so, i am off Severn road and thought maybe it was you, Columbia being somewhat close to me.
Anyhoo, if you wanna ride sometime, gimme a chat or e-mail me, and we'll hook up, and i really dont need to ride your bike, but i really do like it, I used to own a 02 Triumph Tiger in roulette green and Black stripes, Man would that bike Handle, and corner clearance was unreal, the pegs were 13 inches off the ground and i would grind the pegs in the corners, i miss those days and that bike. The triple just has a special intoxicating noise emmulating from the exhaust unfamiliar to any other type machine.
As far as the damage, A friend of mine from Chicago used to make parts to protect our tigers, I wonder if the frames are the same from the 955i to the 1055 cuz the 900 and the 955 were the same, any anyhow what i am getting at, is there was a tank protector/ slider that we made and it didnt hamper or get in the way of anything, it just protected the tank and other vitals in case it tipped over or slid out, they were cheap i think maybe 200.00 bucks, but if your interested, i can see if he has more and could take a ride to the local dealership to see if they would fit?
Later, Dano

·
Registered
839 Posts
Since there are not too many of those Sprints on the road, i saw one go by the house sum 3 weeks ago or so, i am off Severn road and thought maybe it was you, Columbia being somewhat close to me.
Anyhoo, if you wanna ride sometime, gimme a chat or e-mail me, and we'll hook up, and i really dont need to ride your bike, but i really do like it, I used to own a 02 Triumph Tiger in roulette green and Black stripes, Man would that bike Handle, and corner clearance was unreal, the pegs were 13 inches off the ground and i would grind the pegs in the corners, i miss those days and that bike. The triple just has a special intoxicating noise emmulating from the exhaust unfamiliar to any other type machine.
As far as the damage, A friend of mine from Chicago used to make parts to protect our tigers, I wonder if the frames are the same from the 955i to the 1055 cuz the 900 and the 955 were the same, any anyhow what i am getting at, is there was a tank protector/ slider that we made and it didnt hamper or get in the way of anything, it just protected the tank and other vitals in case it tipped over or slid out, they were cheap i think maybe 200.00 bucks, but if your interested, i can see if he has more and could take a ride to the local dealership to see if they would fit?
Later, Dano
Apologize for not getting this earlier. Once I get her back on two I will get in contact with you. Having a problem figuring out how to remove the old gear shifter off so I can put the new one on. I might take you up on those frame sliders too. (I think the frame is a little different from the 2004- and the 2005+ models though).

·
DeviL's Advocate...
4,363 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Bryan, and I am from Pasadena. I currently ride what is listed in my sig, and is posted on my avatar. I am also looking for people to ride with!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Bryan, and I am from Pasadena. I currently ride what is listed in my sig, and is posted on my avatar. I am also looking for people to ride with!!
ummmm I see a chick posted in your avatar. :eek:nfloor

Just kidding. Welcome Bryan from Pasadena.

·
DeviL's Advocate...
4,363 Posts
LoL. So, hows this group ride coming along?

·
Registered
839 Posts
LoL. So, hows this group ride coming along?
Apparently it is not coming along so well at the moment. At least that is the feeling that I am getting. But fret not my young padiwan, over - the day is not.

Wow! I just said that. Anyways. I don't know if anyone is really pushing the idea yet. By the way have you checked out DCSportbikes.COM The generally have a lot of group rides (about every-other week or so) and the people there are all over the DMV area..... Not saying that you should leave here (SBN) just that there appears to be a "more active" message board with rides in Maryland at the other spot (my name is Husker4Life on that board).

·
DeviL's Advocate...
4,363 Posts
Apparently it is not coming along so well at the moment. At least that is the feeling that I am getting. But fret not my young padiwan, over - the day is not.

Wow! I just said that.
Anyways. I don't know if anyone is really pushing the idea yet. By the way have you checked out DCSportbikes.COM The generally have a lot of group rides (about every-other week or so) and the people there are all over the DMV area..... Not saying that you should leave here (SBN) just that there appears to be a "more active" message board with rides in Maryland at the other spot (my name is Husker4Life on that board).
In public to, where people can quote you...lol :eek:nfloor

I am creating a name over there AS WE SPEAK...(type, but you get the pictar):banana

·
Registered
839 Posts
So on the outskirts of baltimore/baltimore county. I think I have been through that area before..... in fact I think my wife and I might have even looked at a house or two up that way now that I think about it.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts