Sport Bikes banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lord Price,
I now have 1200 miles on mine and the bike never ceases to amaze me. I would ditto everything you said about the bike. I just added mirror extensions, much needed. Did you get black or the GSX blue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gsx 650 F

Hi hit 1500 miles now as Lord says brilliant cant find any faults. However abit of bad news, my mate got on the back the other week and the rear footrest went from underneath him. There was a bubble in the cast so i would take care with them, may have just been mine but they could all be faulty? I have had the repairs done now,needed a new can as was dented :( Was also wondering where you got the spacers for the mirrors from? Oh yeah i got the black and silver model.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the gs650 is kinda heavy, isn't it?
465lb dry weight....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally got the chance to take it out(gxs650f), and it did very well. I drove about 100 miles through back country that was nothing but new pavement, hills and curves, and some more hills and curves. Im now more pleased now that i am bonding with my bike. So far the bikes limitations is my own ability, so it hasnt dissapointed me yet. Im hitting the road sunday for another long run before i have to take it in to the dealer for service i will let you know how it goes...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exactly. I am coming at this bike from that angle, too.

I have had a Yamaha FJ1200 for 12 years. I love the bike - it's a smooth, decent handling powerhouse, and all day comfortable - but I am tired of almost dropping it every time I'm doing a tight maneuver, especially with a passenger. I do a lot of highway riding, as well as city streets, and some backroads, and the bike is always just on this side of being a handful.

For me, the gsxf is a step in the right direction. The bike is as light as my first bike - a Kawi KZ440LTD - a cruiser I never had trouble manuevering, even though it was my first 'own'-bike. The gsxf looks and sits very close to my FJ, only its a little smaller and almost a hundred pounds lighter. I don't need a powerhouse. I need a nice standard-like moderately-sized bike that does normal riding chores well. The gsxf's good looks and wind protection are only pluses.

I am also very aesthetically driven. The gsxf is the first bike I have seen in many years that just got me right there when I first saw it. The FJ did that to me when I first saw one in about 1986. I saw the FZ6, the Bandit 600, the YZF600R before it was discontinued here, the 650 v-strom, the Kawi 650R, the SV650 variants, and whatever other midsized bikes that weren't important enough for me to remember right now. None of them, except the YZF, even interested me enough to make a special trip to the dealer to sit on one.

If my Drifter sells tomorrow, I will have a black/silver gsx650f this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1993 750 Katana and a 2008 GSX650F and really like the 650 it has a better power range and accelerates so much smoother. Both bike are great but they come from differant eras of motorcycles. I am getting about 45 to 48 mpg on the 650 wasn't so good on the katana.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts