Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this while flippin through the latest SR.
Tire Skins www.streetandcomp.com You can also check www.helmetharbor.com for some mo info

I am really thinkin bout getting a set and for $50, sounds like a winner to me.
Just cant see myself spendin $300+ for some warmers but this sounds like a great alternative.

Let me know what ya'll think. Who knows maybe a GB is in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Personally, I think it is a waste of $50.

The main purpose of them is to insualte your actual tire warmers from wind to prevent the loss of heat from wind. . .

Using them to just insulate a tire and help reduce a heat cycle? Bah, I do not buy it.

The really hard question to answer, is just how much more use can you get out of a tire to justify the purchase of some real tire warmers... So far I have not seen a good test to convince to buy them yet. However, if I run across a good deal and have the money I'll get some.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was looking at the tires on streetandcomp.com and they even sell the race slicks...cool...and for only $10 more than the Super Corsa's

·
Registered
470 Posts
CBRXX said:
I was looking at the tires on streetandcomp.com and they even sell the race slicks...cool...and for only $10 more than the Super Corsa's
the only bad thing I see about buying slicks is there recommended for "track use " only. At least with the tires we use ont he track now, we can always use them for the streets after we get our track use out of them. Can't say the same for slicks. (Just my $.02) :2fingers

·
Registered
139 Posts
The pirelli slicks are the exact same construction and copmound as the dot's...only difference is they have no groves.If you want to try slicks out try dunlop or michlen.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
I saw these in Sport Rider magazine...Better off just spending a little more for warmers...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Did you just say try Donlops over a Pirelli????

I have never had Slicks but after having the 207's and the diablos, I will NEVER look back at Dunslops!

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DreddR6 said:
Personally, I think it is a waste of $50.

The main purpose of them is to insualte your actual tire warmers from wind to prevent the loss of heat from wind. . .

Using them to just insulate a tire and help reduce a heat cycle? Bah, I do not buy it.

The really hard question to answer, is just how much more use can you get out of a tire to justify the purchase of some real tire warmers... So far I have not seen a good test to convince to buy them yet. However, if I run across a good deal and have the money I'll get some.
True, but if they can hold some of the heat between sessions I think it might be worth it for the simple fact of not having to do a couple of warm-up laps.

I too have wondered if it was worth buying warmers to extend usage but havent heard of a comparison study done yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts