Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
hooray advertising!
Site doesn't run on hopes and dreams, it takes money.

However, that was fairly impressive, very responsive and changed tint quickly and evenly. Is it worth $30 (This is just an insert, not a visor mind you)? It might be, I would have to test it to know for sure, and honestly with the sun visor in my helmet, I don't know how useful it would be for me.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
I have the Bell tinted visor for my Bell Star and quite frankly, it is one of the best things I have ever purchased in terms of riding equipment. Fairly expensive - but it gets the up vote from me.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Doesn't look like it gets as dark as the photochromatic visor on my Bell Star....Can't really tell though.

Reactions: Furad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys, this is not meant to be "advertising" but informative of a completely new concept on vision enhancement. This patent pending device attaches to the tear-off posts of a race shield and will retail for $29.95. It will come in several photochromic colors - blue (shown here) photo gray and photo amber. The photo gray may be more expensive but at this moment I can't provide more details. The beautiful thing about it is the absolute speed of the products performance and the ability to remove it - and because it is polycarbonate, it also protects the shield. Let me know if there are any legitimate questions on this gizmo and I'll do my best to answer.

Rick

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
will it fit on an AGV GP tech?
will it work under a set of legitimate tear offs?

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Sorry guys, this is not meant to be "advertising" but informative of a completely new concept on vision enhancement. This patent pending device attaches to the tear-off posts of a race shield and will retail for $29.95. It will come in several photochromic colors - blue (shown here) photo gray and photo amber. The photo gray may be more expensive but at this moment I can't provide more details. The beautiful thing about it is the absolute speed of the products performance and the ability to remove it - and because it is polycarbonate, it also protects the shield. Let me know if there are any legitimate questions on this gizmo and I'll do my best to answer.

Rick
How dark is the darkest insert? Can you provide a video/picture? Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We will have UTO's for all the top racing helmets and yes, they will work under a set of tear-offs (although the quality and thickness of the tear-offs will affect performance to a small degree).

This is the darkest UTO (remember, this is not an insert - more like a tear-off) that we have now, but the photo gray will be considerably darker.

This product is currently being testing in Formula One by several helmet companies.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I really like the Akuma version (came out before Bell's) that is powered. You hit a button and it's instantly dark. Hit it again and instantly light. Helmet runs out of juice and it defaults to no tint.

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
This isn't an advertisement it's just us showing you how awesome our new $29.95 product is and how it's better than competing products. That's not advertising, it's informative. If you happen to buy it though, that would be nice too.

Seriously, if you wanna pass off spam as something else, you gotta do more than just post a boring video of your product with a price tag. If it's meant to be informative, provide some fucking information, like how it works, what it fits, etc. without people asking a million questions. Seems you missed that class in business school though.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
I LOVE my self tinting shield on my Bell RS-1. In fact, I've had to buy like 5 of them, at $120 a pop

Having something that is less $ and available for other helmets is a great thing

But stnkbg1 is 100% right

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
This isn't an advertisement it's just us showing you how awesome our new $29.95 product is and how it's better than competing products. That's not advertising, it's informative. If you happen to buy it though, that would be nice too.

Seriously, if you wanna pass off spam as something else, you gotta do more than just post a boring video of your product with a price tag. If it's meant to be informative, provide some fucking information, like how it works, what it fits, etc. without people asking a million questions. Seems you missed that class in business school though.
He pays good money to advertise on here. All you fucks stop complaining or go open up your own forum

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
He pays good money to advertise on here. All you fucks stop complaining or go open up your own forum
Sorry, but shit like this is what turns active users away from a forum. If all we see is spam from paying advertisers instead of posts from unbiased users the forum loses it's value and people go elsewhere. There are ways to advertise, and there are ways to spam. This is the latter. There's nothing wrong with advertising on a forum if you do it right, by starting a real discussion and providing real technical information and actually making your advertisement something valuable to the users. The best advertising is the kind that nobody realizes is an ad.

This forum wouldn't be worth a penny to anybody without the USERS. We are the reason advertisers are even willing to spend their money here. We make this place valuable because at the end of the day we are the ones spending the real money on all those things the advertisers are selling.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dallas,

Point taken. I'm just excited to show you guys what I'm working on - the product is not even for sale (yet). But let me ask you (general group) something. Do you want to be informed about cool new technologies? It is really wrong for me to share this with you? I mean, is it spam for a producer to show a sneak peak at a really cool new gizmo?

I've got several F1 teams testing it - I'm excited about it. I wanted to share...

Rick

1 - 20 of 33 Posts