Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so today i got off of work at 11 o'clock, and went home to get my bike, since it turned out to be such a beautiful day. well i had to go pay my bike payment, so i rode it down there. i made it there but when i left on my way home i turned a left corner along with a bunch of vehicles. and just as i finished the turn like two or three cars in front of me a guy slammed on his brakes to turn into a church so everyone else had to lock theirs up i was the unlucky one in the rear of the group that didn't have the time to stop, i was probably only doing like 5-10mph, but it was enough to send me over the windshield. so anyway i got the ticket and a totaled bike, and some bruises and cuts, but now i am screwed because my ins won't cover to replace my bike. So here are some pics if anyone on here needs some parts let me know i think i might buy it back to sell the stuff that is still good, everything but the body work and forks. the forks are bent all the way back!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I guess you're living proof of your signature line. Im no expert but from the damage to your bike and you flying over the windshield it seems like you would have to be going a little faster than 5-10mph. And if you were really going 5-10mph and didnt have time to stop then you were following too close. Is that what the ticket was for? And when you said your insurance wont cover your bike do you mean they wont pay this one off or they wont insure another bike for you? Im not trying to give you a hard time I know you have enough on your plate right now so good luck with everything. In situations like this when everything seems to be going the wrong you can always look at the bright side, at least you're ok.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
they are going to pay mine off but that is all, so i will have to try to come up with a down payment, i have got to have one before the end of summer! My ticket was for failling to reduce speed to avoid an accident, and no i wasn't following to close, i rounded the corner and just as i did they all stopped but i was just starting to acc. so by the time i realized they were stopping it was too late.

·
Registered
350 Posts
bluezx7r said:
they are going to pay mine off but that is all, so i will have to try to come up with a down payment, i have got to have one before the end of summer! My ticket was for failling to reduce speed to avoid an accident, and no i wasn't following to close, i rounded the corner and just as i did they all stopped but i was just starting to acc. so by the time i realized they were stopping it was too late.
man fawking pigs.. I hate them.. sorry about the bike its a shame that some others stupid ignorance causes a wreck that you get a ticket for..

To all the pigs :upyours

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i can get out of the ticket, the people in the van were from ohio, so they won't be here on court day, i hope i can, try insuring another sport bike after being at fault for totaling one out!

·
Registered
376 Posts
GixxerJRG said:
I guess you're living proof of your signature line. Im no expert but from the damage to your bike and you flying over the windshield it seems like you would have to be going a little faster than 5-10mph. And if you were really going 5-10mph and didnt have time to stop then you were following too close.

Werd.

Dont mean to blow smoke up yer ass zx7r, but, here's some smoke up yer ass. You want sympathy, tell the truth. Was it in-attention or in-experience that caused this?

My ticket was for failling to reduce speed to avoid an accident
Failing to reduce speed? and you were doing 5-10mph? :eek:nfloor

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Yeah dude this doesn't make any sense at all... you HAD to have been going faster than that to fuck up your forks that bad dude! I was going like 30 and the front of my bike slammed into the lip of a 4 foot concrete drainage pipe and my forks weren't bent that bad, nor was the headlight and everything up front.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i hit a full size van, and the very top of my tire hit the very bottom of the bumper and the front end hit the spare tire cover, and actually i was paying attention, and am a fairly experienced rider, just couldn't stop in time, i was doing 5-10 when i hit the van, but was braking from probably about 20mph. I am looking a few different liter bikes, but i really like the new zx-10r

oh yeah and "failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident" is what you get just about ANYTIME you rearend someone. there are very few occasions when you would get any other charge.

·
Registered
586 Posts
you post in the stunt forum right? just strip the plastics, throw a pos headlight or something like it on there, and stunt away. :)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sucks about the bike, just glad you are alright

·
Registered
426 Posts
weird, I know cops don't just issue tickets without reason. I know they don't issue tickets for accidents unless your doing something wrong to cause it. That sure doesn't look like it was caused by hitting something at 5-10mph.

·
Registered
118 Posts
sorry to hear about the accident my boy did the same thing an old lady decided to make a left hand turn and the guy behind her slamed his brakes but my boy didnt have time and rear ended the dude wasent as bad as u, glad ur ok

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vervius said:
you post in the stunt forum right? just strip the plastics, throw a pos headlight or something like it on there, and stunt away. :)
The only way i could do that would be to either keep paying on it or to buy it back from the ins company, and i don't know what that will cost yet

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
sorry about your bike I know that hurts to have your baby wrecked. But good thing you are ok.
I am looking at that ZX10 too. I borrowed my partners for a weekend......holy crap it is so darn light and f-a-s-t it was crazy. It needed a steeting damper though, coming out of corners there was quite a bit of head shake. And dang does that thing come up quick!! Check out the ZX10 forum.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have checked out the zx10 forum, and not many people in there. I haven't gotten a chance to ride one yet but i am going to bike night on wed and going to talk to my friend up there he has one and see if he will let me ride around the block or something. I have to wait till the ins co pays mine off so that the loan will be out from under me, and by that loan being paid off my credit will look a little better too. I am still going to need a co-signer though. bike loans are hard to get!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Motorcycle or car you need to be scanning and planing know what is going on around you.If you were doing this the wreck may not have happened you need to pay attention there is always someone or something out there to get you plan ahead.Sorry about the bike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts