Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are like $80, but they also have the regular indiglo, but i like these, the reverse indiglo, also like $5 shipping, ordering my chain and sprocket set and the guages at the same time

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the white faced gauges made out of photo paper, got em off ebay a few years ago. Basically like a sticker and fits over the stock dials. Now that I know what they are, I could of made them myself. You can change out your gauge bulbs for different colors too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought the normal Indiglo's a long time ago. They are a nice upgrade to the factory, but I don't really ride too much at night any more, and half the time my speedo is taped up at the track so I don't get to see it at night that often. Still, it is nice to have.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
those look good, i can't wait to have the reverse on mine. it looks like i will have to put them on hold for awhile though, i just blew out a fork tube seal. the seals are only 25bucks, but i have no idea how hard it is going to be to change them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've got a set of the reverse Indiglo's on my -7R and while they look great, the needles are extremely hard to see at night since they are not back lit. The other problem with them, during the day when all you see is white, the speedo needle blends into the background because it is white with only an orange tip. I replaced the speedo needle with a spare tach needle I had (all orange) and that helped during the day. I still haven't figured out how to back light the needles effectively. If you get the normal ones, the whole face will show the needle at night. Just keep this in mind when you are ordering them. They do look sweet though!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i've actually had a really good idea... see an L.E.D shines pretty much in a straight line, well if you were to wrap a thin layer of chrome vinyl all the wayaround the inside just above the face but still below the glass, and installed an LED at any point around the inside of the bezel, it would shine on the chrome vinyl but not on the indiglo gauge face, as the needle moved around the led would hit it no matter where it was at, it would probably work better with white needles, i am going to try this with mine i will post pics and instructions if anyone is interested

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
highside7r said:
I have the white faced gauges made out of photo paper, got em off ebay a few years ago. Basically like a sticker and fits over the stock dials. Now that I know what they are, I could of made them myself. You can change out your gauge bulbs for different colors too.
Is it hard to change out your guage bulbs? My are gone and was going to take it to the shop to do it, but if I can do it myself I will.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
kawagirl said:
Is it hard to change out your guage bulbs? My are gone and was going to take it to the shop to do it, but if I can do it myself I will.

If you are mechanically inclined it isn't so bad, may I suggest a Clymer's repair manual? It may help you. A couple of days ago I checked the lights on my Katana and had to take apart almost the entire front end to get them.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I am considering adding these to mine also. Just shopping around for the best price!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Hmm well I will give it a try; I can do alot of work on my bike myself. But I am one of those mechanics who can take things apart with out a problem but I never get it back together quite the same and I always end up with extra parts when I am done lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts