Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I finally got around to trying some helmets on, and as much as I wanted a Suomy, they just dont fit right (instant headache if I push down on the top). I found that the best fit was a medium arai RX7 corsair. Lucky for me its also the most expensive :rolleyes so anyways, wheres the cheapest place to get them? Kneedraggers cant sell them over the internet, and the dealer in Calgary wants 1400 cdn for it!!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I saw one place that does sell them...or at least posts the prices.

they get around it by saying you need to click on a link to see the price.

but I am sorry I cannot remember the site...can anyone help?

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
The only place I know of is Bronktoncycle.com, I believe you can still order
the OLDER models. Derbycycles.com may have a few left as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
598 Posts
There's an ebay seller that sells RX-7 Corsairs and a few board members have bought from him (he's got 2005 models available, FYI). Only problem is that I believe the five year warranty is void since it was sold online. I'm sure someone will chime in with his ebay user name but in the mean time you could just search on ebay for "Arai RX-7."

Besides ebay, you best bet is finding a local dealer that you're cool with that will give you a discount.. I got a 10% discount from a Honda dealer on my Arai Signet GTR Forte helmet and a dark smoke shield. It saved me a very nice chunk of change. Good luck :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well..I could probably bargain for it, since I'll be buying a bike from them at the same time, so that could work. but doesnt parts411.com sell helmets online? They had prices listed anyways. I didnt realize Arai was so tight about selling online though

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey scud waht honda dealer did u go to? i didnt know they had arai in tucson

·
Registered
598 Posts
crash6934 said:
hey scud waht honda dealer did u go to? i didnt know they had arai in tucson
I went to Musselman's Honda Center on Stone, right off of Grant. It's an extremely small dealership but the people that work there are really friendly and helpful. I also didn't even have to ask for the discount, he just offered it to me when I asked how much the Arai I wanted would cost me. I'm sure that they'll offer the discount to you as well but if they don't, just ask them about and I bet they'd be more than willing to.

They'll probably have to special order it though, because Arai helmets are simply too expensive to carry a large stock of. But if you need to try some on and find your size, CycleGear on Grant (right near Musselman's Honda) has a bunch of Arai lids in stock so you could always go there. They'll give you a 10% discount the helmet, but not the shield or any other accessories you may want.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i went to musselmans and they only had 2 suomys the gunwinds i want to try on a spec1r u know any places in tucson taht have suomys

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think CycleGear on Grant had Suomys.. Mike (guy that works there) owns one and he told me he could get them, anyway. He's an awesome guy, btw. Really knows his shit and if you need any help or got any questions, he'll help you out.

You also might want to check out Spark's which is a little further east on Grant (past Country Club, I think). They've got a small gear section but last time I was there, they had a few Arais and I believe they had some Suomys.

Hey, btw, do you work up by Ra and Firebirds? I see a gixxer up there all the time that looks just like yours

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Is the design on the rx7 important to you? If not-- you could save a few bucks by asking for the cheapest Arai which in my case was the ugliest one....the one nobody wanted to buy.

But I got it for well under $700

·
Registered
61 Posts
yea i valet up there on friday nights.... and my two buddies ride too... one has a telefonica and the other has a silver 04 r6

1 - 13 of 13 Posts