Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with cheapcycleparts.com? I was considering ordering some OEM replacement bodywork...

·
Keep It Kosher
1,038 Posts
B-EZ said:
Has anyone had any experience with cheapcycleparts.com? I was considering ordering some OEM replacement bodywork...
ronayers.com usually has the best prices for OEM stuff and a lot of people on this forum have used them before. Personally, I've never needed to use them, but the prices can't be beat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do Not Order From Cheapcycleparts.com

I have just began a small quest to warn as many people as possible about Cheapcycleparts.com. I made my FIRST and LAST order from CCP.com nine days ago (today is sixth business day) and only SOME of my parts will ship today, one item they are still waiting for and will not even ship for a couple more days. So it will be a good two weeks before I can put my motor back together because without the item that will ship separately later, I cannot do anything with the items that are being shipped today. The real kick is that when I ordered, ALL of the parts were listed as "in-stock". However, when I called their customer service line, it was explained to me that CheapCycleParts.com DOES NOT KEEP ITEMS IN-STOCK, they simply take your order and then they order from the manufacturer, once THEY get the parts, then they ship them to you, its a complete middle-man job. I didnt notice that it said it would take 3-5 days to ship to me, even if it did I never would have expected it to take SIX business days(nine total) to ship only part of my order. When I asked if I could just cancel my order, I was told I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee.

So, I WOULD RECOMMEND NEVER ORDERING ANYTHING FROM CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM

-LONG wait time
-Other sites have just as good, if not better, prices
-Not one person in their Customer Service dept. (I've made two calls and also wrote a lengthy, detailed email to them) has made any effort to make me happy, they wouldnt even free upgrade the shipping to overnight, NOTHING.

Again, unless you like watching your friends ride while you wait for parts to fix your bike, do not order from CheapCycleParts.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
cheapcycleparts.com is terrible

Wish we had read bad reviews before ordering. After several weeks of not receiving products ordered, we contacted customer service to find out what was going on. After two hours (not an exaggeration) on hold, we found out that they had already shipped it (which the site did not reflect).

A few days later, we received two screws in a big envelope. Our order was Over $120, and they shipped about $2 worth.

Long story short, we spent approximately 9.5 hours on hold (also not an exaggeration - you cannot call them and spend less than one hour on hold!) with customer service over the next week. They figured out that they never shipped the items and refunded us most of our money. We ended up spending $8 on those two screws.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DO NOT ORDER FROM THOSE IDIOTS!!!!!

7 days, multiple emails, on hold forever - NO RESPONSE!!!

waste of money (thank god not a large amount), i'm cutting my losses and ordering from my local shop.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have never had any issues in about a dozen orders. Everything has always arrived at once , yes it has always taken a week to 10 days, but so does jake Wilson and m/c superstore, hell even kawasaki and suzuki parts regularly take a week before I see them, so.....
If you are using them for oe parts, maybe try cyclepartsnation instead, if you aren't happy with cheap cycle parts. That is another company I have used probably 2 dozen times this year, always with good results (except the week+ delay) If you are using them for aftermarket parts, well there are literally hundreds of vendors online to choose from.

I am quite sure everyone of them has had issues with dissatisfied customers, but likely there are allot more satisfied ones.

I am not discrediting your experience, I am just saying....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do Not Order From Cheapcycleparts.com

I have just began a small quest to warn as many people as possible about Cheapcycleparts.com. I made my FIRST and LAST order from CCP.com nine days ago (today is sixth business day) and only SOME of my parts will ship today, one item they are still waiting for and will not even ship for a couple more days. So it will be a good two weeks before I can put my motor back together because without the item that will ship separately later, I cannot do anything with the items that are being shipped today. The real kick is that when I ordered, ALL of the parts were listed as "in-stock". However, when I called their customer service line, it was explained to me that CheapCycleParts.com DOES NOT KEEP ITEMS IN-STOCK, they simply take your order and then they order from the manufacturer, once THEY get the parts, then they ship them to you, its a complete middle-man job. I didnt notice that it said it would take 3-5 days to ship to me, even if it did I never would have expected it to take SIX business days(nine total) to ship only part of my order. When I asked if I could just cancel my order, I was told I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee.

So, I WOULD RECOMMEND NEVER ORDERING ANYTHING FROM CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM

-LONG wait time
-Other sites have just as good, if not better, prices
-Not one person in their Customer Service dept. (I've made two calls and also wrote a lengthy, detailed email to them) has made any effort to make me happy, they wouldnt even free upgrade the shipping to overnight, NOTHING.

Again, unless you like watching your friends ride while you wait for parts to fix your bike, do not order from CheapCycleParts.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts