Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to get a bike this summer after I learn how to ride of course, but im limited to a budget of 1000 to 1500 dollars for the bike and like 500 to 1000 for gear, however i don't know anything about which bikes are the most reliable that i should look to buy. Can anyone pr8vide any tips?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I really want to get a bike this summer after I learn how to ride of course, but im limited to a budget of 1000 to 1500 dollars for the bike and like 500 to 1000 for gear, however i don't know anything about which bikes are the most reliable that i should look to buy. Can anyone pr8vide any tips?
Ninja 250 or Ninja 500. In general, the most bang for your bike in everyday usability and versatility. All while being economical and cheap to buy.

·
Registered
250 Posts

See all the posts that say "STICKY" at the top of this section? Read them. Ask questions after you do - you'll find that many questions that will come up in your mind have been answered multiple times already. :)

I just returned to bikes after a few years away, and I got a Ninja 250R. It's great for commuting and fun as all hell in the canyons. Newer models hold their value quite well, and generally you can sell them for what you paid. The old models can be totally cheap too. Here's one for $800 - add $200 to clean it up and get it running well, you'll be in business. You can likely sell it for more later on down the road.

2000 ninja ex250 low miles

This one is going for $1500, but you can probably bargain down a little bit.

2000 Kawasaki EX250 ~10,000 mi

(I used Orange County because that's what I found searching LA.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts