Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a cheap hugger option for the zzr600? I'm looking to try and keep the undertail and shock cleaner from riding in the rain.

·
5,547 Posts
Did you search "ZZR600 hugger" on eBay?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have, but I wa wanting to see if I can find other options as to using one from another bike with minor mods.

·
5,547 Posts
Mine is Carbon Fiber from revsperformance.com. It was $295. Did you search huggers on SBN. I'm sure there are numerous threads on the subject. It appears to be a reoccurring question. I think there is a thread where someone modified a hugger, but I believe they were possibly unhappy with the results. I remember posting "if you want to play you have to pay" or "you get what you pay for". Best of luck finding what you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Your cheapest option is likely an ABS (plastic) hugger, that would likely be black and would need paint unless you were ok with black. Fleabay should have plenty of those. I'd try and find someone selling a bike with one and see if they would part with that, or save the money and do it right. Anything you buy for another bike to try and make fit will likely be a disappointment, or at least a lot of work.

If you find a hugger and want a carbon fiber look, you can purchase 3M Di-NOC carbon fiber film and cover the hugger in that. It looks better than the fake CF 'paint' you see, and at first glance it almost looks like the real deal. If you want CF look without spending for actual CF, the 3M film is your best bet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts