Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not used much, but I always thought the chat room rocked...Is it going to make a comeback?...Or is it done?

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Yah, I agree.

The few times I went in there, I had a blast. It's a nice feature...I hope it comes back.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Same here I went to use it and got a pic of somthing but i did like to go there

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I liked it and I miss it as well !!!

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
I will have it back soon..

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
In the form of a full-fledged IRC server? Please? ;)

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Just wondering if it is still comming back?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
What a coincidence you mention it. I've pitched an idea to Fred recently and we'll see where it lands. I'd like to see a bonified chat environment to waste away the day in. ;)

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Yeah make sure you make it accessible from a plain old IRC client!

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Amen.

(plus a few more letters to meet the minimum 10-character restriction)

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
what ircd you plan to use?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Fred said:
what ircd you plan to use?
I honestly don't know. Haven't decided yet. I'm going to try the dozen or so that come with Suse Linux out of the box and start crossing them off the list for one reason or other for not fitting the solution. I have a long-time business/personal relationship with the man who runs all the IRC servers for Sierra Entertainment Inc. and was going to confer with him for recommendations. He runs IRC servers were he has game playing teenagers, frothing at the mouth, throwing every single type of attack at his boxes because some OP banned them from a channel...every day, all day. I figured he'd be an excellent source of advice for a hardened solution.

Just make it accesable from here like the chatroom that was going when the site was down that was awesome. I for one dont care to load anymore crap on my comp than nessesary.
Don't worry. There will be a java-free, HTML-based interface you will be able to use to access the chat. Here is a sample of what it will be like for those who don't want to use a software client.

http://cgiirc.blitzed.org/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts