Sport Bikes banner

Charity run for local rider

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  81494 
#1 · (Edited)
A fellow friend and rider took a bad spill about a week ago. While riding on his way home, a deer ran out in front of him and he struck the deer head on. Being ejected from the bike, my friend landed on his shoulder and is now out of commission for the season. He has already had his first surgery and the news are not as positive as we could hope. Apparently, there might be some damage to his nerves in his shoulder, which is bound to keep him off the two wheeler this season. Whats worse is, that the guy is scheduled for a total of three surgeries and the insurance is not covering the medical care or any wages.

In the light of these events, Grass Roots BMW in Cape is planning to do a charity event to help out. I would like to get a hold of anyone who would be interested in doing this event. We are planning a poker run in May and I will continue to post more info on this as we get it all planned out. If you have any suggestions or would like to participate, please PM me or keep and eye on this thread.

Thank you!
Volken

#2 ·
Ok, here is the info on the charity/Poker run for Charlie Cheek.
On Sunday, June 22, 2008, you are invited to join us at Grass Roots BMW at 11.00 AM.
Pokerhands are $15 each and there will be both door prizes and auction items with donations going to Charlie Cheek. We will be riding to multiple destinations, picking up cards and the ride will end at Bollinger Mill, where hot dogs and burgers will be served for donations.
Hope you can make it!!
Volken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.