Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching some chopper show on tv (too many on to know which one :rolleyes ) and this guy was mounting a tire to a rim. He had matting/carpet/cushion on the floor, then the rim was taped around the edges, tire placed on top of that(both laying flat), and he stood on the tired and started bouncing up and down :banana .

It took him a few minutes (dude only weighed about 130lbs) but he got it on, no scratches, no machine to use, then he pulled the tape off, ready to go. :phatyo

This was the first time id ever seen this before. Anyone else seen this? Think it could be done on a smaller tire(180 and smaller), he had a monster.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I do it all the time to my own. I never pay anyone to put them on. Oh yeah buy a wheel balance machine and you never need a shop again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Oh yeah buy a wheel balance machine and you never need a shop again.
Right on. . .I'm gonna go down to Kmart. . . I think they had wheel balance machines on Blue Light Special last week! :nuts

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Don't forget the part about adding WD-40 to the lip of the rim and the tire...

Build or Bust did the same thing last week -

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
H2Omax1 said:
Right on. . .I'm gonna go down to Kmart. . . I think they had wheel balance machines on Blue Light Special last week! :nuts
They are not that expensive. You don't have to have the electronic ones. But you do have to have some mechanical know how. Metzler has a machine for around $300. Not to bad if you ask me. But I have a shop and change them all the time so I can justify it but I bought it for my own personal use. :lao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts