Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a starting problem recently, and I'm thinking it has to deal with the spark plugs. I have an 88 Ex500 Kawi. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on changing them, how many I need to buy, ect. Thanks.

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
You buy two. You read your owner's manual on which ones to get, or take the old ones in with you. To get at them, you take the tank off, take the rubber boots off (do not tug on the wire itself), then use a spark plug socket and a ratchet to take it out. If you still have the original toolkit, it will have everything you need to get at them.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
make sure you do this while the engine is cold as you should never change spark plugs on a hot or warm engine as they will be tighter in the threads when cold.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i changed them, the one definetly needed changed, but it didn't fix my problem of my bike not starting. I'm on to the battery now.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
charge the battery and then take it into a local auto parts store. They can test it to see if it is good. 12 volts does not always mean a good battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts