Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed there has been a bit of a "buzz" for a music subforum recently.

I feel that there are enough subforums as it is, and a music one will just be more clutter.

So, I suggest we change the name of the "Movie Reviews" room, to "Entertainment," or something along that line.

Then, that subforum would be able to be used for music, movie reviews, movie previews, TV, video games, concerts...pretty much anything related to the entertainment world.

I used to run a small web forum, and we had forums for video games, movies, music all seperate...but after we combined them to just one "Entertainment" forum, the traffic for those things picked up, and we had less threads that had to be moved.

An example would be this, with "Movie Reviews" as a subforum. A thread about an upcoming movie isn't really a "Movie Review." If I were to post a thread about "The Village," which comes out in a couple of weeks, it's not a review. So, do I post that in the "Movie Reviews" room, because it's movie related, or not, because it isn't a review at all. If we just changed that forum to "Entertainment," there wouldn't be any confusion about that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I agree there is way to much scatter recently not enough posting, maybe we could do something as Gimp suggested ...anyone else's input?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
So, I suggest we change the name of the "Movie Reviews" room, to "Entertainment," or something along that line.
I concur.

However, I'm not a fan of sub-forum'ing a place to death. More than 1 layer of subforums is too much. An "Open Forum" with a subforum of "Entertainment", is as deep of a tree you want to go. You don't want sub-forums within Entertainment, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
TheWraith said:
I'm not a fan of sub-forum'ing a place to death. More than 1 layer of subforums is too much. An "Open Forum" with a subforum of "Entertainment", is as deep of a tree you want to go. You don't want sub-forums within Entertainment, etc.
I definately agree with not having sub-forums stacked on top of more sub-forums. I'd be for possibly just having a Entertainment Forum for movies, music, television, opera, puppetry........and so on, all rolled into one sub-forum. It would help out a little bit so people didn't have to search through the entire Open Forum to try to find a music thread.

We'll just have to wait and see what Fred says.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Something is better than nothing.
64.52% voted yes for a music forum.
35.48% voted no.
The numbers speak for themselves.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Numbers don't always count. Maybe you haven't see a missing "pictures" forum lately. Your vote = 1. Fred's vote equals > 1, as it should. Any numbers you present are irrelevant.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
TheWraith said:
Numbers don't always count. Maybe you haven't see a missing "pictures" forum lately. Your vote = 1. Fred's vote equals > 1, as it should. Any numbers you present are irrelevant.

Hence "Something is better than nothing" I had never seen anyone post anything about MUSIC in the open forums before.
I agree, dosen't matter what, its all up to Fred and the Admin..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts