Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Looking to put some anchors in my garage and wrap a chain through the wheels, around the swingarm. Anyone else do this? My bike stays in the garage, but I'm still uneasy with it in there. I back it in and lock the steering so you cant get it out of the corner, but still uneasy. Anybody got any links to good chains, locks, and anchors?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know Kryptonite makes an anchor that u can drill the holes into the floor of your garage... then u can chain the bike to the anchor. I guess you can get some bolts and a hook or something from Home Depot and make your own. Good Luck

·
Registered
476 Posts
Might want to check out the group buys from SBN they got a trick looking thing for that exact purpose of locking your bike to the floor.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I put a Kryptonite Stronghold anchor in the concrete patio of my apartment backyard. It bolts down with three of those concrete expansion anchors, has ball bearings to drop into the heads of the bolts, in addition to covers for the bolt heads, and a thick solid plastic cover for the whole anchor. It seems to be very secure. luckily I haven't had any attempts made on my bike.

The install was pretty easy. the anchor comes with allens and masonry drill bits. Just make sure you have a hammer drill if you're going to drill into concrete so it will be faster, and you will get straighter holes.

As for a chain, I would say get one of those fugedd-about-it chains.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Truck said:
Hey,

Looking to put some anchors in my garage and wrap a chain through the wheels, around the swingarm. Anyone else do this? My bike stays in the garage, but I'm still uneasy with it in there. I back it in and lock the steering so you cant get it out of the corner, but still uneasy. Anybody got any links to good chains, locks, and anchors?

BikeBrace

Alpha Wheel Lock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts