Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried different types of lubes for the chain, but it seems like they all makes the rear wheel messy. Yesterday i bought a can of castrol Chain wax, and I'm very pleased with the result. NO rear wheel messup.
What do You prefer for chaintreatment?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cyph3r said:
I've tried different types of lubes for the chain, but it seems like they all makes the rear wheel messy. Yesterday i bought a can of castrol Chain wax, and I'm very pleased with the result. NO rear wheel messup.
What do You prefer for chaintreatment?
P-51 from www.sidewindersprockets.com is the best I have found, and I have raced dirtbikes for the last 20 years ( 2 of those as a development rider in Europe) so I have seen them come and go.
The sidewinder has honestly been the best, and I may add, the most expensive, but hey, you get what you pay for.

A non sling awesome cchain lube that doessn't need to be constantly applied, once a month seems goood so far.

Skippy

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Enygma said:
I like Maxima Chain Wax the best so far out of all the brands and types I have tried.
That's right, this is about the best you're gonna find at your local dealer. For O-ring chains, you can't go wrong with
Maxima Chain Wax.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have tried almost everything over the years but like Maxima Chain Wax. Let it set overnight and it won't fling at all.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Enygma said:
I like Maxima Chain Wax the best so far out of all the brands and types I have tried.
Off topic but just for the record, your post color is annoying.

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
another for Maxima, good stuff...

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Add my name to the list of Maxima users.

·
Banned
25 Posts
+1 Castrol chain wax, I love it. It's less messier than bel-ray too.

I've never tried maxima, sounds pretty popular from the responses in here.

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Dear Wraith, this is Off Topic too, but it's not annoying if you use the default SBN Blue/Black colour scheme ;) Normally I would use blue, which on the black would be un-readable. I do prefer the light coloured forum scheme, but I bet most ppl leave it on the Black/Blue, so I made it readable for that one. :)

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Enygma said:
Dear Wraith, this is Off Topic too, but it's not annoying if you use the default SBN Blue/Black colour scheme ;) Normally I would use blue, which on the black would be un-readable. I do prefer the light coloured forum scheme, but I bet most ppl leave it on the Black/Blue, so I made it readable for that one. :)
Dearest Enygma,

You don't need to change the color of your post text. If you quit dicking with it, it will be fine in both templates. You needent take any extra steps to make your posts readable if you simply lay off the crack, namely the colored text crack, and post like everyone else. Color does not make your posts any more (or less) meaningful than anyone elses. You're still a special, special little butterfly.

Sincerely,

The Wraith

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Wraith, Thanks for calling me dearest, I didn't know you were so fond of me. I do not "dick around" with anything. I post in blue, because I wish to, if this causes you undue stress, I am sorry. Now, I think we have "hijacked" this thread enough :)

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Enygma said:
Wraith, Thanks for calling me dearest, I didn't know you were so fond of me. I do not "dick around" with anything. I post in blue, because I wish to, if this causes you undue stress, I am sorry. Now, I think we have "hijacked" this thread enough :)
The blue looks fine to me. I think he just has his leathers in a bunch today. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts