Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls,

I'm new on SBN, I'm a user on Kawasaki Versys forum (I have a Versys 650)

I'm a mechanical engineer in aerospace, rider and inventor.

As a chain driven bike rider, I always hated the chain cleaning maintenance. So much so that on my first chain I did almost 0 cleaning... and had to change the chain at 19k km.
But when I saw the difference it makes a new chain, I had to start doing it....
I looked for best methods.... cardboard, spray, brush, mess, gunk, muck, dirty hands, dirty bike, back pain, soiled driveway, pollution, time consuming, not effective, expensive spray..... just usual...

I wanted to have a new tool and method to make it easy, fast, mess free and less polluting (save the environment)..... big dreams ;)

The best method I've seen is to clean the chain into a bath of solution, to make sure the cleaning is complete, not only on the outside of the links, like the normal method and tools do presently, but the inside around the O-Rings to protect them. But I didn't want to take the chain off every 500km...
I had a few prototypes, a few fails, but in the end.... I designed a new tool and method: ChainBath.

Here is the video I made with my 3D printed prototype:
BEST way to clean your chain mess free: ChainBath

Here is a Before / After photo with the chain cleaned by just "walking" the bike:

Before-After.jpg

In the beginning I used WD40, now I use kerosene, cheap, effective and recommended by most chain manufacturers.
The attachment I used uses the rear spool, but it could use a different method to universally attach to the swing arm.
It has an option to have bristles inside for dirtier chains, for my street use I didn't find it necessary.

I'm not selling anything, I'm trying to find a company to license my idea and bring it to riders that had it with the "normal" way of cleaning the chain.

Would you like to use this new tool and method?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What are you guys doing for chain cleaning?
Do you find it easy? Clean? Fast?
How's the result?
On a sport bike a clean chain is even more important, you can squeeze out a little more power with a proper chain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts