Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.fixedfocus.us
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Motion Pro chain and riveting tool and if so, would it be possible if I could borrow it? Local to Polk county area. Need a new chain and sprockets but cant spend the extra $100 on the tool right now...I could give you a deposit for it if need be.

If anyone is willing, PM me. Should only need it for a weekend.

Thanks
Cory

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
cory1848 said:
Does anyone have the Motion Pro chain and riveting tool and if so, would it be possible if I could borrow it? Local to Polk county area. Need a new chain and sprockets but cant spend the extra $100 on the tool right now...I could give you a deposit for it if need be.

If anyone is willing, PM me. Should only need it for a weekend.

Thanks
Cory
I got a new EK Quadra X-ring chain back in '04 and actually broke the chain breaker trying to take 3 links out to put it on with my new sprockets. So I just bought a carbide tip for my dremmel, ground the heads off, pushed the links through and bought the sliding masterlink which I've had no trouble with and put that on. If you want to use a riveted masterlink your usually going to have to take it to a shop and have them do it. But sliding ones work great as long as you do it right, if you fizuck it up your going to sling your chain off at some point. Do you have an air compressor and air gun for your front sprocket?

·
www.fixedfocus.us
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SicFLgirlR6 said:
I got a new EK Quadra X-ring chain back in '04 and actually broke the chain breaker trying to take 3 links out to put it on with my new sprockets. So I just bought a carbide tip for my dremmel, ground the heads off, pushed the links through and bought the sliding masterlink which I've had no trouble with and put that on. If you want to use a riveted masterlink your usually going to have to take it to a shop and have them do it. But sliding ones work great as long as you do it right, if you fizuck it up your going to sling your chain off at some point. Do you have an air compressor and air gun for your front sprocket?
Thanks for the tips, I have done my own chain before on my TL I just never owned the tool, you have to ground down the head before using the tool or it will break. Front sprocket gets a socket with cheater bar, not an air gun. I wont use the clip style master links, just for safety reasons, the riveting tool that comes with the motion pro set rivets the link, dont need a shop if I have the tool. Shop will charge me basically what the tool costs....I like doing my own work anyways...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
sent you a pm cory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts