Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Im pretty new to the site, I noticed everyone is from out of state from me, we have a Louisiana site like this one called rocketmadness, anyway nice to meet you all. My question, I have an '01 600f4i, i just bought a set of sprockets and chain. The chain is an ek mvxz ( i got it in red to match my bike) ive heard great things about this x ring chain from many people. the biggest question i have is on the sprockets, i got them through a company called Thrust Company, the sproket is made from 7075 t6 alloy, i think its aircraft aluminum. Anyway i ended up giving 208$ for everything shipping included. I read the info on thrust company, has anyone ever heard of them. Just curious
thanks
Scott

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
I'm running a thrust company 520 conversion on my SV. I've heard the guys over on suntlife rave about them.

FWIW, aluminum sprockets SUCK. My first 520 setup lasted me 5k miles with the original rear sprocket, and another 3k with another rear sprocket. Some say they're getting 10k plus out of them, but I just don't see it. Only reason I'm running aluminum again, is I need something cheap, and needed it QUICK. For the price I paid, I guess it's worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts