Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
temperature wise do the CF cans get as hot as their metal counterparts? I want to swap my cans but I do not want to burn my wife's buns....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cavi said:
temperature wise do the CF cans get as hot as their metal counterparts? I want to swap my cans but I do not want to burn my wife's buns....
Other way around...Carbon Fibre cans don't conduct as much heat, so they stay cooler

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
My Devil carbon fibers barely get warm. Seriously. Warm as in maybe 95 - 100 degrees. She could ride with her bare leg on them all day and not get a burn.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the CF devils also and I have to agree with FazR6 on that they really dont get hot. Its amazing. I have never owned anything CF so I didnt know what to expect. I knew that they ran cooler but had no idea that they would dissipate heat like they do.
The metal tips on them still get pretty warm but they are still much cooler than the stocks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well... with good instructions and tools it isnt so bad. Devil sends you the cans, gaskets, midpipe, and new frame bar. You basically take the rear end of the bike apart down to the frame and slide it all on. Its best to get another set of hands to help for at least 20 minutes of the process. The rest can be done by yourself. If you decide to get them let me know and Ill send you some advice/measurements on the process. With help and knowledge of someone that has done it before it would take about 2 hours to get them on. It took me 4 because I stupidly stripped a bolt and had to knock it out. They are great exhaust and totally change the look and sound, of course, of the bike in a mean way. I think they are worth it. I suggest taking the spark arresters out prior to mounting. You will take them out eventually anyway.
I have posted some audio of mine on the old site.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree the Devil-slip ons sound great and look even better, the installation is pretty simple too. However, if you want the best out of your FZ6, a complete exhaust and a power commander should make a better differnce, But, for now I enjoy my Devils'.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just talked to someone over at tricktape and they said that Hindle will be making a full system for the FZ that will be avail in a few weeks. I let you guys know when I get more info. I plan on contacting Hindle myself to see what they have in the works for us. Just wanted to give a heads up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Should be interesting to see how these look...
I would like my header and pipes black powder coated so hopefull someone will come out with that like yoshi did.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hardy said:
Perfect! Is it expensive to have done?
I guess I should have listed that too!

I inquired for my last bike, that having a single cylinder pipe, done all the way to the cat, if I recall it was $80 assuming the pipe was new and didnt need to be stripped of chrome or chemically prepared, which was an additional $25-$30 I believe. I bought this bike mid-February and was going to have it done before the riding season began, but was woried about potential problems with the warranty should there have been something wrong with the bike from the factory, I wanted to get some miles on it before I sent the pipe in.

Turn around was quick, something like 3-5 days and they could speed that up if needed. Now that you mention it, I think I will order some new exhaust gaskets next week. When they arrive, I may pull the headers and cat eliminator pipe off and ship them out to be done. You have inspired me.....

I sent them an email for a price quote, I will post what I find.

·
Registered
71 Posts
j080808 said:
I will be doing http://www.hpcoatings.com/motorcycle.htm in the polished aluminum this fall, they have black as well.
Here is some infor for everybody about this:

Thank you for your interest in HPC. The cost to coat most 4-1 motorcycle headers inside and out up to the slip-on with our HiPerCoat® polished aluminum finish is $185.00, outside only is $140.00. If needed we can also coat the slip-on (as long as it is not carbon fiber) or just the inlet and outlet of the slip-on. The cost to coat the slip-on or just the inlet and end cap to match the pipe is $35.00 - $40.00 for each muffler. Colors other than polished aluminum such as semi-gloss black and gray, flat blue, green, and red add $56.00 to the header and $12.00 to the muffler(s).

Used or chromed headers will be chemically, thermally and mechanically stripped before a final preparation blasting is done for coating. We do charge $20.00 - $35.00 for this service. HPC guarantees against rust and corrosion for as long as you own the coated header, regardless of whether the parts are new or used.

Send a copy of this Email and the processing form from our home page link http://www.hpcoatings.com/processing_form.htm with your header. The addresses to our U.S. plants are at the top of the form. Send in your parts via UPS. Ground service is inexpensive and guaranteed. You can find the nearest UPS shipping location at UPS's website www.ups.com.

Processing time is usually 5 - 10 business days this time of year and expedites can be arranged if necessary. You will want to contact the Operations Manager at the facility you send your parts to for expedite information and pricing.

For payment we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover for credit cards and cashiers checks. money orders, business checks, and personal checks for COD (personal and business checks will be approved with Telecheck).

Email or call us at 800-456-4721 with any other questions you may have.

Best regards,

Cory Ure
High Performance Coatings, Inc.
Rebel Rods, L.L.C.
14788 S. Heritagecrest Way
Bluffdale, Utah 84065
Toll Free (800) 456-4721
[email protected]
www.hpcoatings.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts