Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My contract with Nextel is up, and I was going to sign up again and get a new phone, but now they're Sprint. I do NOT deal with Sprint (past experience). Parents are with Verizon, and were going to add me on to them, and they did. However, Verizon's customer service sucks, and they gave me a long distance # from where I live saying there isn't a local number available. So after giving me a phone and not telling me it was a local long distance number, I promptly returned it.

Now that leaves T-Mobile and Cingular. All my friends say no to Cingular, but don't have a ton of experience with T-Mobile. A few do and liked them. I stopped by their store, and they had a RAZR phone, which was badass. Anyone got experience with T-Mobile?

Steve

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Verizon and sprint are like AOL... dont go there... Dont know who handles T-mobile in your aera but here they rock... Great service and cheap as hell.. Im on my sisters kids account and for just a little over nothing I get free T to T minutes (both users need to be T mobile) and free unlimited long distance weekends and after 9pm. I just got a message from them saying they did some new thing I aint sure of but so far they have been top notch!!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
T-Mobil kept double billing me each month, finally got tired of it and went back to Nextime, plus it is easier for the officers and other first responder type people in my area to talk to each other without killing our plan's minutes.

·
Registered
471 Posts
ASharpMind said:
I was always a fan of Nextel and because I work for the government - I get 10% off my bill... WOHOO!!!
im signing with verizon today and they give me a 15% government discount

Id keep nextel, but it just seriously doesnt work for me. It drops calls way too much for me to even consider keeping it. I originally got it because im a cop, but out of the hundreds of cops i work with.. only half a dozen still have nextel. Nextel screwed up, big time..

and verizon having a long distance number for customer service? Thats complete bullshit, every mobile phone provider, all you have to do is dial 611

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
captaintrey said:
cingular has always been good to me. really good coverage now too

+1

·
Registered
863 Posts
My phones are with Alltel .. been with them since before they WERE Alltel. Never had a problem at all with them, and I get coverage everywhere. Just don't know where their service is offered. (Also hear Verizon may be trying to soak them up ... figures)

I also work for the Gov, and they supply me with a Nextel Blackberry. Just from using it, I'd never choose Nextel for personal service. I like the PTT idea, but the service is just to spotty around here.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Alltel isn't everywhere thourgh... I think its mainly the southeast.

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
I've had sprint for 7 years now with no problems. There customer care is ridiculously bad but they are slowing getting better. Verizon has the best coverage area and they offer no roaming charges on all there plans. Pretty much means if you can pick up a cell phone tower whether it's sprint, altel, etc you're covered. Verizon's customer service is top notch as well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have no problems with t-mobile except when trying to download new games to the phone. Which isnt a problem for me because I dont really need the games anyway.

·
Registered
415 Posts
captaintrey said:
cingular has always been good to me. really good coverage now too
gixxer27519 said:

i've been working for almost 4 years now with cingular, at least here in Puerto Rico they are the best money can buy, most rate plans, best network (voice and data) and many many phones.......i got a few (motv551, mot razor v3 black, sony ericsson s710s, nokia 6820).....

it's up to who works better in your area.....good luck

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Nolo said:
i've been working for almost 4 years now with cingular, at least here in Puerto Rico they are the best money can buy, most rate plans, best network (voice and data) and many many phones.......i got a few (motv551, mot razor v3 black, sony ericsson s710s, nokia 6820).....

it's up to who works better in your area.....good luck

Would you like my shipping address to send me that Razor?

:cheers

·
Registered
813 Posts
I deal with T-Mobile at work and my customer rep just sent me an email saying new customers can get the Razor for $75 with activation of $39.99 (and they wave activation and shipping)! T-Mobile actually got the highest rating by JD Powers for customer service. I've heard people say that you get a little more dropped calls with T-Mobile than Cingular.. but Cingular also got the worst ranking by JD Power's.

I was with Verizon for 7 years and had zero problems with them. Only reason I changed is because my company bought me a Pocket PC phone and pays my monthly bill.. Can't beat free.. and get this.. I'm not even on call! WOOHOO!

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
You can say what you want about Verizon but their service is the best IMO. I will go places all the time where people borrow my phone because they don't have service. My plan isn't that bad either -

550 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends, free verizon to verizon anytime, free long distance, 500 text messages, 25 pic messages for $50.00 a month.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Went with T-Mobile. Got the RAZR V3 :D. It's a badass phone, service good so far. Still in the process of transferring my old Nextel number over tho, 24-48 hours for the process.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been with nextel for the last 2 years and there coverage has been getting a little shady since i purchased a newer phone. Once they fully merge with sprint (late 05) we'll see if shyt goes down hill. I may be on the market for a new carrier too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Truck said:
Went with T-Mobile. Got the RAZR V3 :D. It's a badass phone, service good so far. Still in the process of transferring my old Nextel number over tho, 24-48 hours for the process.
24-48? i must have gotten lucky. Today i signed with verizon and within 15 minutes of them switching the number my phone was ringing.. It was ringing even before the sale was completed :lao

1 - 20 of 21 Posts