Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just bought my bike (2004 Ninja 500 in silver). Since I don't have a license yet, I had it delivered to my house. When I rolled it into my garage, and tried to tuck it in sideways in the corner, I tilted it too much and...dropped it :lame on a pile of rags. Doing that I kept on holding it to slow it down and ended up doing a flip over it and flying over the rags and onto conrete floor of the garage (scraped/bruised knee and elbow). Nothing happed to the bike as I slowed it down enough and by dropping on rags.

So the celebrations is on buying a bike and having a first drop/injury. It kind of reminded me of my BMX bike times... hitting the gravel and flying off the bike, etc. Also, it proved to me one more time that I made a wise decision of buying all the gear before getting the bike :headbang

Well, now it will sit in the garage until I take my MSF course in the end of July.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Congrats on your new bike!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the drop--but now it's out of the way!! Your bike has character too now!! :lol

Where are the pics??????

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Not a lucky guy eh? Well no harm to came to the bike which is good and your cuts/bruises will heal in no time. Have fun at the MSF.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
well congrats on the new bike. and also on your first dump. I did mine basically the same way, but I was at a stop light...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking about stripping all the graphics off and just leaving it in plain silver/black combo

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
congrats on the new bike but to tell you the truth most people are moving a little faster than you were when they high-side. :grinbounc :grinbounc at least you got the first fall down and go boom out of the way. enjoy and be careful.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Nice looking bike, congrat's, now enough with dropping the bike.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That bike looks great man. Sorry about the drop.. First thing I did when I got my SVS was unload it out the trailer.. My cousin didn't put the ramp down all the way (like 2 inches off the ground), so when I was walking the bike out on the ramp, the ramp dropped all the way down under my weight.. lost my balance and dropped my baby. I kept my grip on it and let it down reeaaally slow, and picked it back up so fast I pulled a muscle LOL.

Have fun on it man, and have fun at the MSF.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Filip75 said:
I'm thinking about stripping all the graphics off and just leaving it in plain silver/black combo
and since I can't really ride it for a while, I'll just start tinkering with mods (fender elliminator, different windscreen, etc.)

·
Registered
268 Posts
thank you for being strong and getting a good first bike.

One thing we all learn is that you Will drop your bike. Glad you could laugh off your experience.

I'm kind of an ex-bmx rider myself, that's the whole reason I got into riding.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Originally Posted by Filip75
Filip75 said:
and since I can't really ride it for a while, I'll just start tinkering with mods (fender elliminator, different windscreen, etc.)
Dude, forget mods...just learn to ride it. It will be worth more when you sell it if it looks/is stock.....unless you crash it while learning.

Strip the graphics and people will wonder why you had it repainted, at least that would be MY first question.

·
Registered
178 Posts
taziscool said:
Dude, forget mods...just learn to ride it. It will be worth more when you sell it if it looks/is stock.....unless you crash it while learning.

Strip the graphics and people will wonder why you had it repainted, at least that would be MY first question.
I agree one hundred percent.

Have fun be safe BUY GEAR. It helps you walk away.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
taziscool said:

+1 and like someone else stated--spend the $$ on the gear. Do mods on your next bike :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I already have plenty of gear for now. I bought a bike and the dealer took me to the parts department... they were like: "What do you need to buy, boots, pants, jacket, helmet, gloves?" I was like: "Nope, got it, got it, got it, got it!" :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts