Sport Bikes banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Well, if the idea is to scare the rest of society out of commiting harm to you, then why would you need to hide your fear of them in your coat? Or is that where the No Fear shirt comes into play?

You never know who might get you. You don't them, you don't want to know them, but you're scared of them. Must suck living in fear that around any corner a boogey man is lying in wait, ready to jump out and get you. I wonder what that boogeyman looks like? I'm sure we all have a picture of a "bad guy" in our mind, ready for when they come get us.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Youre my boogey man license.................

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Just some advice and take it for what it is worth......never draw a gun to scare someone or to intimidate them......you pull it then shoot it. When I am off duty and I draw my gun...then someone is getting shot because if I have enough justification to draw it then I have enough justification to use it.
With all due respect, Will... This may not have been entirely what you meant to say. The first part is correct. 'never draw a gun to scare someone or to intimidate them'

I'm sure you and I have both pulled our guns many times on duty without actually firing. We don't pull our guns to intimidate, but if the immediate threat goes down or goes away, we don't fire.

The gun can go back in the holster, but the round can't go back in the gun.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
OFFICER737 said:
I get your point bro! I know if I have to shoot my gun at work there is going to be an internal investigation, a state and federal investigation, the case will be carried to the grand jury and there is the civil lawsuit that will come to. The laws a little funny by the use of deadly force to protect yourself or that of a third party reads something to the tune of "if a reasonsable person is in fear of their life and or bodily or that of a third party". Like you said....what you feel might be different from another person. It's kinda like a double edged sword. Bad part is that these days...even when you give them your money and stuff they still kill you.
Luckily, in my neck of the woods, I really don't have to worry too much. If I am forced to use a gun in self defence, the local law would probably buy me a beer for saving them the trouble of arresting someone.

Not really, but the great thing about living out in the country around a bunch of rednecks is there is about a snowballs chance in hell you could find 12 people willing to convict, even if you did somehow get a DA with a hard on. Keep in mind, the sherrif here wrote me a special case pistol permit when I was 19 (legal age is 21) just because I went to college in Birmingham.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
license2ill said:
So, should we compare the size of our guns now?
Sure, why not.

.40 Glock 22
.40 Ruger P94
.32 Kel Tec P32
12 gauge Stephens pump
12 gauge Mossberg 500
12 gauge Belgium made Browning
.300 Win Mag Browning A-Bolt
.410 break action shotgun (don't remember make)
AR-15 PWA lower, Colt upper
.30-06 German Mouser

Think that's all of them

·
Registered
944 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Just some advice and take it for what it is worth......never draw a gun to scare someone or to intimidate them......you pull it then shoot it. When I am off duty and I draw my gun...then someone is getting shot because if I have enough justification to draw it then I have enough justification to use it.

Spot on Officer. In my opinion this is one of the reasons the % of people shot with their own firearm is as high as it is. No amount of training available to the average civilian is going to make them able to shoot an actual human being. Looking some one in the eye and pulling the tr***** is not as easy as it looks like in the movies.
To many people buy a handgun and learn how to shoot it, but when stuck in a situation freeze up and can't actually bring themselves to pull the tr***** and end a life.
People that carry a handgun need to understand that its not there as a deterrent. A gun has one purpose, its a devise that is used to kill. If you can't bring yourself to kill a person you shouldn't carry a handgun.<- this seems brutal but I think this is how you should think about it if you really want to have a CWP.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
jk750 said:
With all due respect, Will... This may not have been entirely what you meant to say. The first part is correct. 'never draw a gun to scare someone or to intimidate them'

I'm sure you and I have both pulled our guns many times on duty without actually firing. We don't pull our guns to intimidate, but if the immediate threat goes down or goes away, we don't fire.

Yeah I didn't word it quite the way I meant to (damn midnights and court are killing me :lao). Like JK said, if you draw your gun nd the threat goes away don't fire at them.

Another phrase that fits very well is "every bullet that leaves the barrel of a gun has a lawyer attached to it" -Clint and Heidi Smith

·
20,852 Posts
EEfz6 said:
Luckily, in my neck of the woods, I really don't have to worry too much. If I am forced to use a gun in self defence, the local law would probably buy me a beer for saving them the trouble of arresting someone.

Not really, but the great thing about living out in the country around a bunch of rednecks is there is about a snowballs chance in hell you could find 12 people willing to convict, even if you did somehow get a DA with a hard on. Keep in mind, the sherrif here wrote me a special case pistol permit when I was 19 (legal age is 21) just because I went to college in Birmingham.

That was pretty kewl of him. Before the permits were allowed in TN. you could get a special carry license but you had to cause just cause why you needed it, like carrying large amounts of cash (bank runs by store clerks and such).

·
20,852 Posts
WISPER said:
Spot on Officer. In my opinion this is one of the reasons the % of people shot with their own firearm is as high as it is. No amount of training available to the average civilian is going to make them able to shoot an actual human being. Looking some one in the eye and pulling the tr***** is not as easy as it looks like in the movies.
To many people buy a handgun and learn how to shoot it, but when stuck in a situation freeze up and can't actually bring themselves to pull the tr***** and end a life.
People that carry a handgun need to understand that its not there as a deterrent. A gun has one purpose, its a devise that is used to kill. If you can't bring yourself to kill a person you shouldn't carry a handgun.<- this seems brutal but I think this is how you should think about it if you really want to have a CWP.

We lost several cadets at the academy when the sae question was posed to them. They felt they couldn't take a life if needed. I found peace in the simple phrase "I fired to stop the threat, when the threat wa stopped I stopped firing".

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
OFFICER737 said:
That was pretty kewl of him. Before the permits were allowed in TN. you could get a special carry license but you had to cause just cause why you needed it, like carrying large amounts of cash (bank runs by store clerks and such).
You are required to have just cause to have one on Alabama now. Luckily, pretty much erverywhere here (it is up to each individual county) considers personal protection a just cause. If you are over 21, you just go in and request a permit here in Lawrence county. They ask why, and you tell them it is for personal protcetion, and they issue. A little too easy for my taste, actually. I don't ever remember haveing a background check done. I guess they just figured that would be done when buying the gun, and if I couldn't get a gun, the CCW permit wouldn't do me much good.

The Sherrif here has to personally ok and write up a special case permit if you are under 21 (the min age is 19, regardless), and just cause to issue that special case permit is at his discretion.

When I was living in Birmingham and got a permit from Jefferson county, it was more difficult. Filled out an application, gave references, waited 3 weeks (that is the standard wait there) while they checked references and background, went back in and picked up my permit.

·
Registered
854 Posts
EEfz6 said:
Sure, why not.

.40 Glock 22
.40 Ruger P94
.32 Kel Tec P32
12 gauge Stephens pump
12 gauge Mossberg 500
.30-06 German Mouser

Think that's all of them
good list, I really want a 308, that will be next, probably get this next: http://www.impactguns.com/store/jld_ptr_91A1.html

my armament:
AK47, stamped, chinesse
AR15, Colt - pre-ban,
12 gauge Remington 1100
12 gauge Browning, overunder skeet special
22 browning, bolt action
HK USP 40 pre ban
Glock 17 pre ban
Browning 9, hi power
357 Python... 6" barrel
44 Ruger, old army

working on getting some trip wire for the perimeter of my house...

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
jk750 said:

For you as a LEO...this is a valid point, but as the holder of a CCL...if I have to pull it, it will go off because I have exhausted all other solutions and the threat is immediate and real.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
EEfz6 said:
Sure, why not.

.40 Glock 22
.40 Ruger P94
.32 Kel Tec P32
12 gauge Stephens pump
12 gauge Mossberg 500
.30-06 German Mouser

Think that's all of them

Wow, the bitches must dig that arsenal, probably better than their own colleciton at home.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
DCMETRO1 said:
good list, I really want a 308, that will be next, probably get this next: http://www.impactguns.com/store/jld_ptr_91A1.html

my armament:
AK47, stamped, chinesse
AR15, Colt - pre-ban,
12 gauge Remington 1100
12 gauge Browning, overunder skeet special
22 browning, bolt action
HK USP 40 pre ban
Glock 17 pre ban
Browning 9, hi power
357 Python... 6" barrel
44 Ruger, old army

working on getting some trip wire for the perimeter of my house...

Might wanna work on that blowjob idea some again. No, no, no, you receiving this time.

·
Registered
854 Posts
license2ill said:
Might wanna work on that blowjob idea some again. No, no, no, you receiving this time.
might wanna work on moving to north korea, liberals like you with no substance except for your liberal spin would fit in nicely.... :eek:nfloor :lao

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
DCMETRO1 said:
might wanna work on moving to north korea, liberals like you with no substance except for your liberal spin would fit in nicely.... :eek:nfloor :lao
Well, I suppose you;ve got all the substance you need within that gun collection? Certainly speaks louder than words, and shows the focus of your thought, which may be better descibed as narrowness.

·
Registered
854 Posts
license2ill said:
Well, I suppose you;ve got all the substance you need within that gun collection? Certainly speaks louder than words, and shows the focus of your thought, which may be better descibed as narrowness.
I dont collect them, I use them :banana but you wouldnt understand that now would you...

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
dualhcsniatpac said:
I just wanted to add something here...

I looked it up on the internet(not sure if its a viable source but seems like it) and i currently attend Kettering University in Flint, Michigan which is ranked 4th as most dangerous city. Also i believe in 2004 it was 2nd in the nation for violent crime rate with 5538 incidents/100,000 residents. If any of you have seen "roger and Me", movie created by michael moore know what im talking about when i say its a crap hole.. GM pretty much left thousands on the street and the town isn't recovering fast.

To get to my point, I live in a VERY dangerous city ( very close to the hood, if not in it). I have thought many times about concealing because i have heard many horror stories of students getting robbed while walking from the dorms to the academic building. This is very scary since there are times one needs to travel outside at night (good drunk story about that but that is for another forum).

Ask your self this question. cause i have which changed my mind about carrying. When faced against someone with nothing to lose, and you pull that gun out to show them that your serious, what is the chance that they are going to give up and flee?? In Flint they drive up fast behind you, jump out and rob the *u*k out of you. There really is no time to beat them to the punch on preparing yourself.

Just thinking and i thought i would share my insight on this. If anyone wants to hear the drunk story i shall post it in the michigan forums. Funny stuff.

Ive had friends jumped and mugged in EL let alone Flint and Saginaw, everytime the American Car Market goes into a depression MI usually has 5 cities on the top ten in the national for violent crimes per capita

Flint Detroit Saginaw Benton Harbor and Lansing

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
license2ill said:
Wow, the bitches must dig that arsenal, probably better than their own colleciton at home.
Actual, my wife couldn't care less about it. No bitches know about it. Well, not before that post anyway.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts