Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the cluster in the unemployment thread, I figured I would start a new thread to discuss this. Do you support the issue of ccw liscenses? Why or why not?

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I think you should be able to carry a handgun. If you are legal to buy it you should be legal to carry it. Should see the surprise on an armed robbers face when you are armed as well.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OFFICER737 said:
I think you should be able to carry a handgun. If you are legal to buy it you should be legal to carry it. Should see the surprise on an armed robbers face when you are armed as well.
Just curious. Do you usually see the actual cops differing from the chiefs most of the time on the stance of gun control? What I mean is, in these anti gun rallies, they always say that cops support them, and quote the police chiefs as evidence. But I rarely hear where the cops who are actual in harms way say that they do not want the law abiding citizens armed.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Like I said.........guns unfortunately have a place in society.

Much like a lock only keeps an honest person out. A gun right taken away only hurts a good citizen.

That and we can stick with my thought about watching myself bleed profusely.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
EEfz6 said:
Just curious. Do you usually see the actual cops differing from the chiefs most of the time on the stance of gun control? What I mean is, in these anti gun rallies, they always say that cops support them, and quote the police chiefs as evidence. But I rarely hear where the cops who are actual in harms way say that they do not want the law abiding citizens armed.

Most cops in my area feel the same way I do and I am pretty sure my Chief does too. There are some officers that don't think private citizens should carry guns. Seems kind of assinine to me. I have yet to see an anti gun rally in TN. (there might have been some but I haven't seen any). I have seen a lot of pro gun rallies though. Guns in TN are just way of life and I stand behind the saying "they can get my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands".

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a ccw and support others that carry, but I almost never carry. I don't need to. In fact, the only times I carry are when I go on long car trips were I could have car trouble and get stranded, or when I camp and hike in the woods.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Stephen072774 said:
I have a ccw and support others that carry, but I almost never carry. I don't need to. In fact, the only times I carry are when I go on long car trips were I could have car trouble and get stranded, or when I camp and hike in the woods.
If I had the ability to carry I would go the same route. I wouldn't see the need to carry on a daily basis but if going on a long trip or camping I would bring something.

Do you need a CCW to have one in your car?

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
Think of it this way, if you take our guns away we are one step closer to being European. Now we don't want that now do we?

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
Stephen072774 said:
That's smart. My uncle was on a long trip and while driving through an Indian reservation they just totally opened up on him and shot up a bunch of holes in his truck. Scary times.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
jim schmidt said:
In theory, I see no problem. In practice, many of the people who want them are paranoid whack-jobs.
i think its fucking stupid. having said that if wisconsin ever passed a conceal and carry law i'd carry just to protect myself from the idiots in this state who would carry too.

although i never see law enforcement personnel support gun control i never see them support CCW. if anything i hear them say its one more thing they have to check for and one more thing they have to worry about. instead of having to treat someone with a weapon as a threat they have to find out if they have a CC permit or not. its just too much paperwork and bullshit for them. their jobs are hard enough as it is.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I support it 100%. I am totally against taking guns away from law abiding citizens. If they were to ban guns they would confiscate registered weapons and the only ones that would be left were the ones not registered (owned by criminals). Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And like officer said "they can get my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands." On the other hand I am for background checks and things like that because that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands. But you will never be able to keep guns out of the wrong hands, we can only make it harder.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Rascus said:
Do you need a CCW to have one in your car?
It depends on the state. In illinois you can't have a CCW. You can't bring in a gun from another state, either. In Wisconsin (correct me if i'm wrong) if you have a CCW from another state and have a handgun in the car, you HAVE to keep it on top of the dashboard.

In most states you have to keep a gun in a separate compartment isolated from ammo without a CCW, though.

I'm torn on this issue. I obviously support CCW's (you can tell by my knowledge), but some states (INDIANA, where i live) they hand them out like candy. No handgun saftey class required. You don't even need to know what end the bullets come out of. I was in Gander Mountain, and this 18 year old dumbass was all bragging about how he never goes anywhere without carrying. I asked him a simple question (forget what it was), and he made up some kind of bullshit. 20 bucks and a background check and it's yours. *sigh*

Meanwhile, i dont have one- because in Michigan it's complicated. And it costs about 400-500 bucks to go through the process, and have to get into a handgun class with mandatory profeciency training on the range. I havent been able to get into a class yet (harder than the MSF to get into).

Not that i want to carry, i want it just to be able to buy a handgun without the red tape....

Oh well....

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am ALL for it! Innocent until proven guilty, right? Wait till somebody messes up before you arrest them, don't start stripping rights away. When I'm home (I can't keep my firearms in the Marine barracks - SO STUPID!) I carry just about everywhere unless:

A. I've had something to drink.
B. I'm going to have something to drink.

Much like motorcycles, booze doesn't mix with firearms.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personally, I have been liscensed since I was 19. I kept one in my truck so that I would have it when driving between my dorm and my parents house, but could not have it in my dorm. Later, when I moved out of my dorm, I only put it in my truck when going soemwhere. Otherwise it was in my nightstand.

Now, I go onto Redstone arsenal everyday, so I can't carry when I go to work. But if I am not going somewhere that firearms are prohibited, I generally carry a Kel-Tec P32 in my pocket. If I am going on a long car trip or something of that nature, as Stephen072774 pointed out, I carry a Glock. More gun for a time that I am more likely to need it, although I never expect ot have to use it, but you never know.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Guns only complicate often already complicated situations. Without a gun around, no one can get shot. While you argue that guns don't kill people, people kill people, I would say that you must have a gun around for someone to die of or be injured by a gunshot wound. No gun, no shooting. A domestic argument remains just that, instead of what happened yesterday in Milwaukee. A 32 year old man shot his girlfriend in a freaking DAY CARE with three kids around, then turned the gun on himself. No gun, no shots fired. See my point?

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
sexyicecold said:
A 32 year old man shot his girlfriend in a freaking DAY CARE with three kids around, then turned the gun on himself. No gun, no shots fired. See my point?
If it wasn't a gun, it would have been some other deadly object. We don't live in a society with padded walls, so taking away guns would do very little to alleviate the fear of death.

By the way, it's been proven that the #1 killer in America is death.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
bush said:
If it wasn't a gun, it would have been some other deadly object. We don't live in a society with padded walls, so taking away guns would do very little to alleviate the fear of death.

By the way, it's been proven that the #1 killer in America is death.
What I made was a very simple argument - if there was no gun available to this man, he nor his girlfriend would have been shot. I never asserted that taking away guns takes away "the fear of death." That is a psychological issue of the individual.

While he may have used another instrument (ie. knife, baseball bat), I believe the finality of a firearm is more certain than any other.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
sexyicecold said:
What I made was a very simple argument - if there was no gun available to this man, he nor his girlfriend would have been shot. I never asserted that taking away guns takes away "the fear of death." That is a psychological issue of the individual.

While he may have used another instrument (ie. knife, baseball bat), I believe the finality of a firearm is more certain than any other.
depends on the person using the instrument doesnt it?

One could say that the guy could have mortaly wounded her with an aluminum bat in the parking lot.

You guys spouting the bad apples crack me up. If that woman had been carrying legaly, I doubt it would have happened.

Here in new mexico, a woman was being stabbed to death in (the devil) walmart and a guy that was carrying shot her attacker to death. You tell me, was she sad that we get to carry guns?

·
Registered
854 Posts
lets agree on one thing here.... THERE WILL NEVER, EVER NOT BE ANY GUNS READILY AVAILABLE IN THE UNITED STATES, whether they are illegal or not... so any utopian dream of not having guns around so the crime wont be committed is not reality.... does everyone get this?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts