Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full story in link below.

AMA Pro Road Racing Announces TV Deal With CBS Sports Network

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (April 23, 2013) - CBS Sports Network and AMA Pro Racing, in conjunction with Chet Burks Productions, announced today a television agreement to showcase GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing as part of the Network's CBS Sports Spectacular series. CBS Sports Network will air flag-to-flag race coverage of the premier National Guard SuperBike and GoPro Daytona SportBike classes through the 2014 season. Programming begins Saturday, June 1 (2:30 p.m. ET) with a 30-minute preview show before live coverage of the Subway SuperBike Doubleheader at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis. (3:00 p.m. ET).

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
hopefully this reaches a wide enough audience to help the sport.

I will be watching!

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
hopefully this reaches a wide enough audience to help the sport.

I will be watching!

Yeah yeah mean putting the races on from 10pm to midnight wasn't good?

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I figure it was less than ideal, yep.

·
Registered
132 Posts
didn't they used to pull good numbers back in the day with this wide world of sports? good luck with that now. put isle of man on there. and bring em over here.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It would be awesome to finally be able to watch these races without having to look them up on the web. Now if only Dorna would allow Moto GP to be televised to help promote the sport. Sadly, I think there too greedy to do so.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Great news. I've really been shafted this year by SPEEDTV. They suck, other than MotoGP. I don't get BeIN Sport so I miss WSBK.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Great news. I've really been shafted this year by SPEEDTV. They suck, other than MotoGP. I don't get BeIN Sport so I miss WSBK.
You don't need beIN, you can still watch the simulcast streamed live online

·
Registered
2,038 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not the main CBS network...

It's the CBS Sports Spectacular channel, which may or may not be buried somewhere deep in your channel listings, if it's available to you at all.

Still, better than nothing.

CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 613 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, and to access the CBS Sports Network channel finder, go to HOME | CBS Sports Network

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
CBSSN is on a premium package (on DirectTV at least). So on top of paying extra for the bullshit called Speed, now I will have to pay even more for AMA on CBS? No thanks. BeIN would be interesting but that's even more still.

Reactions: jk750

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
CBSSN is on a premium package (on DirectTV at least). So on top of paying extra for the bullshit called Speed, now I will have to pay even more for AMA on CBS? No thanks. BeIN would be interesting but that's even more still.
CRAP!!! I just saw this thread again, which reminded me to check to see if I get channel 94. NOPE! No CBS sports network and no BeIN sport network. I am now back to a strict diet of only MotoGP.

Reactions: jk750

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
No. If you have SPEED, you should have CBS Sports. It's channel 613 on Directv. I've had it as long as I can remember. SPEED and CBSN are both on the same package (I believe Total choice).

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Didn't know CBS Sports was on same package as Speed. We have Total Choice Plus and pay $12 extra for Sports Package. Thought CBS Sports was part of that. NBC Sports is 220 on DirecTV which I guess would be main tier. They have all Indy car and F1 for those who care. Wonder why CBS Sports isn't there? Good news about the AMA racing there. Guess I won't be getting any work done on Saturday afternoons now.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
No. If you have SPEED, you should have CBS Sports. It's channel 613 on Directv. I've had it as long as I can remember. SPEED and CBSN are both on the same package (I believe Total choice).
I've had total choice for something like 10 years and CBS Sports has never been available, just as it shows today.

Check DirectTV's website, it's available on the next more expensive package.

Reactions: Shamrock627

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Didn't know CBS Sports was on same package as Speed. We have Total Choice Plus and pay $12 extra for Sports Package. Thought CBS Sports was part of that. NBC Sports is 220 on DirecTV which I guess would be main tier. They have all Indy car and F1 for those who care. Wonder why CBS Sports isn't there? Good news about the AMA racing there. Guess I won't be getting any work done on Saturday afternoons now.
I have Total choice plus (but NOT the sports package), and I get CBSSN.

OldSchlPunk said:
I've had total choice for something like 10 years and CBS Sports has never been available, just as it shows today.

Check DirectTV's website, it's available on the next more expensive package.
I guess that's why I get it, I've had Total choice plus since 1997 (or it's equivalent). :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts