Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law has my old '95 F3, and we're kinda stumped.
It's got 17,000 miles, Yoshimura exhaust, and a Jet kit last year, although stock jets were retained, because it ran best with them, (Middle position on the needle, air screw at around 1.5 turns out if I remember right) so it was pretty much a waste of money! It ran fine last year, and this spring, but started running rough, popping and backfiring under acceleration, and stumbling. He changed plugs, and it ran perfect, for a little while, litterally, a week or two, and it started doing it again. So, he changed plugs again, and it ran perfect, but with a short while, it was running like shit again. It's got good gas,and it has spark, and the battery is new. Where do we start? What would cause the plugs to go bad (They're black, but not wet at all) but would still run great when they're new? I would think that if there was a jetting problem, it wouldn't be running right with new plugs, if it was jetted rich enough to foul the plugs, wouldn't it be running like shit regardless?

Charlie

·
Registered
26 Posts
If your plugs are going bad that quickly bike is running to rich, can you smell a lot of gas in the exhaust? I had a similar problem with bogging on mine and i just pulled the carbs and pulled of the float bowls and shot carb cleaner threw everything let it dry and reassembled and it runs great again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts