Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, hello everyone :)

I've been having a problem with my recently purchased CBR600F3 which I think must be related to the clutch (I'm no mechanic so please hold back on the flames). If I start the bike up in neutral, pull the clutch and let it back out with the bike still in neutral, there is suddenly a knocking/rattling sound and I feel a bit more vibration than is normal in the bike. It still does this even after the bike is warmed up and I put it in neutral after riding and let the clutch out.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
CCT probaly? doese rattles on the right side of the engine? its would go away if u ride it a bit. normally if its a CCT its wouldn't hurt anything but u might wanta get that replace/tighten for long run cause its going to do some engine damage - i'm still dealing with it. well my bike is not running now but yeah.

·
Registered
32 Posts
cbrnerd said:
I'm new to the forum, hello everyone :)

I've been having a problem with my recently purchased CBR600F3 which I think must be related to the clutch (I'm no mechanic so please hold back on the flames). If I start the bike up in neutral, pull the clutch and let it back out with the bike still in neutral, there is suddenly a knocking/rattling sound and I feel a bit more vibration than is normal in the bike. It still does this even after the bike is warmed up and I put it in neutral after riding and let the clutch out.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mine does the same thing! I just got mine too! Don't know what the problem is though...I am new to this whole motorcycle thing :)

By the way, another problem I think I have is, in low rpms, under 3, if I wack the throttle engine seems to bog....anyone know what that is?

Mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Most motorcycles, as I understand it, don't have a great deal of power under 3k. I own a Ninja 500R and it bogs below 3k. When I get it up around 3.5k or closer to 4 things start to smooth out. With a bike like your's, she's only happy at 8k!

Have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts