Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinkin about gettin one? what do u think of this bike, worth the money?

·
Registered
7 Posts
check out http://www.600rr.net You can find all of the info you need there. I'd recommend the 600rr as a racebike or for short rides, like evils said. The F4i is amazingly comfortable. Both bikes are pretty reliable. You'll see about a 1000 dollar difference between the two, the f4i being cheaper. You'd be well off to get one soon, as the prices are dropping to make way for the '05 models. From what I've seen you can get an RR for around 7500-8000 and an f4i for 6500-7000. Good luck. Oh, by the way I just got my 600rr and love it. Sit on them both, as the RR is alot higher. Ride on!

·
Registered
7 Posts
also: My buddy owns and f4i and is very happy with that also. I was debating between the two and ended up rolling the bikes up against one another to decide which style/seating position I liked better. We both get alot of compliments on our cycles...his f4i being yellow/black and my RR being candy blue. Hope I could help out a bit. If you have any more questions browse the site I linked you to or shoot me a message and I'm sure that if I can't answer I can at least find an answer for you. Either way, honda is a great choice in my opinion.

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just plan on cruisin through my home city, w/ friends. Nothin drastic, no crazy wheelies or anything. i found a brand new 600rr for 6800

·
Registered
7 Posts
Delta said:
i just plan on cruisin through my home city, w/ friends. Nothin drastic, no crazy wheelies or anything. i found a brand new 600rr for 6800
sounds like a deal I would jump on!! Wish I could have found a deal like that. I say go for it if it feels comfortable. I myself am comfortable on my RR. Most people aren't. Depends on your build I guess. Either way..good luck...6800 is a hell of a deal! Just remember...take it easy on the throttle and let off the clutch slow when riding a new bike...find that friction zone!
-Peace-
Rob
Also, read some articles on break in procedure if you are not familiar with it. It'll make a world of difference in how long the bike lasts and how well it performs!

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
If it feels comfy go for the RR, I went with the F4i cause I'm about an inch or so too short to flatfoot both feet on the RR. Sigh :(

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
How long have you been riding?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Dude, you are going from wanting a Daytona 600 to wanting a CBR600RR, you are a newbie rider, listen to what people have been saying to you and don't buy either of them.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Dude, you are going from wanting a Daytona 600 to wanting a CBR600RR, you are a newbie rider, listen to what people have been saying to you and don't buy either of them.

+1............ I know you wont listen, but please do! start small or at least smaller!! like an EX500 or something. Riding isnt all about style, its about the love of the sport. You wanna stay alive long enought to enjoy it. Forgo the 600RR and the F4i....

once you get alot more experiance, then go to a b***** bike.

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
firefighter81 said:
Umm if im not mistakin this post is really old, i dont want a 600RR.. I went from a 600rr down to a Daytona...and like i stated on the triumph forum, its between the d600 and the gs500..

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
How does the fact that i want a 600 make me a newb anyways lol? I've started usin street bikes on 750s (cousins katana).. Is it a bad thing to look around at bikes and ask questions

·
Registered
16 Posts
No it's not a bad thing, people here have seen a lot of new riders go for the big fast shiney bikes, and end up hurt really bad if not dead, all because they started to big to fast. I have a F4I and that bike is all the power + some, that I will ever need. Good luck and be safe.

Bama!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have an F4i, but i really wanted the 600RR. don't get me wrong the F4i is a great bike, but i just prefer the agressive riding position feel. the F4i has a more comfortable almost upright position. so it all depends on the person.

good luck.

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sat on them both and didnt notice much difference in the seating style even though there is...kinda hard to explain, personally i like the RR looks better, but the f4i has a better seat... I was told they are relatively the same in engine performance, just that the RR has better suspension..

·
Registered
454 Posts
i was thinking about moving up to the 600rr, but I have read about so many different problems that they are having, that I decided to stick with my dead reliable f4i and buy a dirtbike instead. The F4i is still plenty fast....at the strip I trapped the same speeds as my bud on his 600rr. I do most of my riding in the twisties and both bikes are great for that. Killboy has an F4i and he will outride just about everyone on the road. It is the rider, not the bike...as evidenced by him smoking liter bikes day after day.

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im not really concerned about performance ( i wont be racing), its basically quality and looks...im just having trouble deciding what i like, im stuck between the daytona600 and the cbr600 series, possibly even a 500 as a last resort..I like how the rrs exhaust is set up and looks.. Im gonna have to sit on them both again, because i couldnt tell the difference in seatin style even there there is (i dont kno how i couldnt tell, maybe its just my body type)...I like the d600 cuz not eveyrone has one and they look good

1 - 20 of 26 Posts