Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 CBR 600 F4i. Just recently it has started to have an engine miss after riding for about 1/2 day. First I thought it was the fuel, so I ran some fuel treatment thru it and it stopped. But now this weekend it has started again. First time it did this the FI light came on and it quit. This time it has the miss but no FI light coming on and has not quit running. It does this mostly when the throttle position is at low throttle or barely on. Go past this position and it stops. Usually about 4000 rpm or less. Does this have to do with the computer? Does anybody know how to reset the computer?
This whole thing started after I had to disconnect the battery cables to install my led rear turn signals. Any thoughts? It doesn't do this all the time. Just after riding a good 1/2 day or so.
Please help
Need your input.
Thanks

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
See if you can pull codes off it.

You said it yourself, you noticed the problem after you disconnected the battery and put on the leds.

Disconnect it again and let it sit for an hour. Disconnect the Leds.

You'll have to trouble shoot it. It could be unrelated but not likely. Check your tps readings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I got it straightened out. Went out there and turned on the key. The fuel pump sounded horrible. Popped the seat off and it was the flippin neg. on the battery. The screw had vibrated loose and was letting the cable move I guess when riding the bike, just enough to lose a good ground connection. Had to put a lockwasher on the negative terminal. Rode it a while last night and hasn't done it since.

Thanks for the reply, I was about to start getting nervous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts