Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall

Defecting from Team Yami and I wanta CBR600 f4/i really bad

so far i know 1999 on is f4? 2001 got new lights/ Fuel injection??

What else do i need to know? Looking at buying a 1999-2002 vintage bike and wanna see whats best and why

Thanks in advacne for any tips

p.s. is it true Cam tensioner is weak??

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
Yep, F4=99-00 and F4i=01-present. It is true the cam chain tensioners are weak, but they can be replaced with a manual tensioner so that pretty much eliminates the problem... may just have to adjust it every so often. I'm actually suprised my original CCT is still nice and quiet after 26k miles! Other than the CCT though, GREAT bikes!! I've never ridden an F4 so I can't give any personal experience, but from what I've gathered it's virtually identical to the F4i other than the obvious lack of fuel injection and a few cosmetics. Power output is roughly the same I believe. Now whether it's true of not I really don't know, but I've heard before that the throttle on FI bikes is much more twitchy than on carb'd bikes. But like I said, having never ridden a carb'd bike, I really can't say so myself.... just something I've heard.

Anyways, I LOVE my F4i, and fuel injection sure is nice for those chilly mornings (or what we call chilly here in S. Fla, hahah). For what I use it for, I wouldn't trade it for anything else

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
In '04 they went back to the bananna seat. It is genuinely more comfortable - it just doesn't look as cool IMO. I made a 600 mile round trip on my '02 last weekend and the seat wasn't too bad. I never have comfort issues when riding around town or on a twisting mountain road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts