Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 92 Cbr wont charge up the battery at all. After running the bike for like 45 minutes, it still doesnt charge the battery, and w hen i go and try to start it back up again its completely dead. Tried a new battery and the same results. Are these bikes known for having bad regulator/stator problems and how much is it going to cost to fix?? thanks for any help

·
Registered
533 Posts
japbike has an f3 which uses the same stator and she is having the same problem. your looking at around $130 for a replacement.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I aml virtually sure you have a bad rectifier. Cycle therapy sells on for about $100 that is an impoved type over stock. A bad stator is much less likely the cause. Rectifiers are notorious on f2-3 bikes. I chased around a charging problem for months until I changed the rectifier on my f2.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have to agree. It is definately not your stator. I've gone through two rec/regs in three years on my f2. You can push start the bastard, you can jump start it, but it won't charge the damn battery. It's not your batter, nor is it your stator, it IS your rectifier/regulator.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks adam that sounds exactly like what it is. Your right though you can pop the clutch, jump it whatever but it WONT charge that battery. Jumped it with my car and thought maybe it would be charged up a little bit, but when i went to shift into first it just died.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts