Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend had my 2003 954 up to 163 mph indicated. The mounted GPS, Garmin 60c, with a good signal indicated a top speed of 158 mph . He thought it had a little more to go but not much. fully stock except air duct snorkels removed and exhaust cone cut off. Sound about right?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Should have gone 15 MPH faster or so I would think. I took mine up to 165 and it was still pulling like a freight trainand it was all Stock too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think ...

Hey,
I bought my 2003 954RR a month and a half ago with 12500km on it, at first it took the bike a while to cross the 250kmh and I didn't understand what's wrong...but now, 4000km after, it's a different story, I saw 299kmh on the speedo and the bike kept generate speed !!! it happens to me almost everytime I try to get top speed, Oh, one more thing, my bike is STOCK !!!!!!! No filter, no exhaust, not even a steering damper :rolleyes , but soon I will modify it with K&N filter and Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon slip-on, and Scott damper...BTW, does anyone knows how I can get the speedo cross the 299kmh barier ?? I don't know why but almost every bike has a 299kmh limit while the bike go faster ! Any sugestions PLEASE ??

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Rotem_46 said:
Hey,
I bought my 2003 954RR a month and a half ago with 12500km on it, at first it took the bike a while to cross the 250kmh and I didn't understand what's wrong...but now, 4000km after, it's a different story, I saw 299kmh on the speedo and the bike kept generate speed !!! it happens to me almost everytime I try to get top speed, Oh, one more thing, my bike is STOCK !!!!!!! No filter, no exhaust, not even a steering damper :rolleyes , but soon I will modify it with K&N filter and Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon slip-on, and Scott damper...BTW, does anyone knows how I can get the speedo cross the 299kmh barier ?? I don't know why but almost every bike has a 299kmh limit while the bike go faster ! Any sugestions PLEASE ??
299 KMH is 200 MPH correct???? There is no way a stock 954 will hit 200 MPH. I would love to see a video with the speedo at speed!

·
Registered
180 Posts
geber11 said:
299 kmh is 185.79 mph......about right.
There is no way it can do 185 bone stock!

I have the 2003 CBR 954rr and in the faster red model and the max I can do flat out is 169 maybe it will get to 175 if pushing the redline but not 185...

Any mods at all? Gear change? Rear wind? Took out the rear mirrors? The rider weighs less than 150 pounds?

I do have the K&N filter and will switch to the BMC Race filter next week.

:fiddy

·
Registered
6 Posts
299kmh - STOCK !!!

Hey guys,
Well, I will try to film it but I can't promiss anything...When the speedo showed 299kmh the rpm was at about 12000+rpm ( I can't say it's exactly right 'coz at that speed, everything goes blure... :rolleyes ) maybe even 12300rpm...not sure though.
As I wrote before, the bike is stock, well, I did took out the blinkers and the mirrors but that's it...OHH and my weight is 75kg and I'm 1.76m height... :lao :lao , if I will film it at top speed I will also film the bike to let you see the exhaust or any other thing that a video can show, don't expect me to tare the bike apart !!! :eek:nfloor
One more thing that I think you should pay attention to is that the bikes in the US called US Models, and here in Israel we have Europien Models and if you check it out a little bit you will discover that the Europien Models has more power than the US ones...Maybe thats why I can do a wheelie in third gear without using the clutch...
Now, why you want to switch to BMC filter? Is it better than the K&N ? Which exhaust do you recommend ? And does the Scott steering damper is good for my 954 ?
Please help me out !!!
Thanks a lot, and feel free to ask me everything you want... :lao
Ride safe.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am switching to the BMC Race filter because of the discussions in several forums. Seems like the K&N you lose a couple of horsepower. Truthfully I did not feel any difference between the stock and the K&N.

I have had that filter for 26,000 miles so it has more than paid for itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool, I've heared there is a K&N filter that you don't have to replace, kinda lifetime use...it cost here in Israel around $220 (US Dollars)...I will look into it, but thanks anyway.
Does the BMC gives more HP ?
What about my other questions from my last reply...any suggestions ??

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
1,140 Posts
I had my 2002 up to 178 showing. That is all she had. At that time all it had done to it was a BMC race filter, full Yoshi and lowered 2 inchs.

·
Banned
354 Posts
my dad had mine to an indicated 195 at datona last year, Full Akrp Ti evo pipes, BMC race filter, PCIIIR, 104 octane, SHark Skinz, and gears for top speen, I think -1 w/ a 40 rear and all the other mods

·
Registered
17 Posts
164 for Me (Allegedly)

On Trona Road, in Death Valley, CA:

164 for 2 minutes.....and there was still more! Did it with another 954 Driver and my friend Mark who was on a R1.

03' 954, Jardine Slip-On, Power Commander, K&N Air Filter.

So that sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,
First of all, sorry I didn't video taped my bikes top speed...I don't ride a lot lately...
I'm selling my amazing 954 now as I lost a good friend who got killed with his new GSX-R1000...so I decided to take a break from motorcycles for a year or two...I bought a Honda Civic Coupe...preety lame ha ?!
Anyway, I dont really know when I'll be back riding again but I sure know what kind of bike I'll have...The Honda CBR954RR 2003' Black\Red - just like the one I have today.
Ride safe guys, don't do stupid things on public roads, use a track to do so, here in Israel we don't have a race track so we have only public roads and from time to time we are losing friends....I just lost 2 friends, and I don't want to lose more.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just did 171 with -1 tooth up front and it was still pulling.

and yes I have a Speedo Healer - corrected w/gps :)

full Arata system, BMC filter, PCIIIr, and custom map

·
Registered
3 Posts
171 indicated, MAYBE could have done a bit more but not likely...
and then my friend on the gix1 passed me like I was parked.

needless to say, I'm switching to a gix1 next month. :D

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I hit about 163 just doing a quick speed run. It was still pulling and I seriously doubt it wouldn't hit at least 173 indicated. All stock down to the can.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts