Sport Bikes banner

461 - 480 of 483 Posts

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Motarded COOTER LMAO :lao
Dude, please don't wear the headband again. Please. It really takes away from your mullet.

Oh yeah, bring $20 to get your years supply of Iron Pony t-shirts.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Going to the IMS in Cleveland with my bro R6JUNKIE tomorrow. (aka Motarded COOTER) Anyone else going?
How was the show? I used to live 30 min from the IX center and went every year. Anyway, had to work all weekend. Couldn't go!!!

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
How was the show? I used to live 30 min from the IX center and went every year. Anyway, had to work all weekend. Couldn't go!!!
It was the same as ususal. Nice to get out and be around some bikes though.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
Got a few things for the 2010 season. I am switching to Dunlop tires to see if I like them. I picked up a set of 209GPA's, medium front, med/hard rear. The rear is a 190/55 opposed to the 180/55 michelins I have been running. I also plan on picking up a set of the 211 N-tecs. I invested in a set of Chicken Hawk tire warmers and a Honda eu2000i generator, to reduced the amount of heat cycles on the tires, and eliminate cold tire slides.

I also got a set of Vortex clipons. I have been running the stock ones. I called Dan Kyle (Kyle Racing) and worked out a deal on a new Ohlins HO502 rear shock. I think this will make the biggest difference in the bike handling making it much more manageable. With the lower clip ons, and raising the rearsets another notch, more weight on the front end, combined with the better adjustability of the rear, the bike should be faster and easier to ride.

I ordered a new set of iridium spark plugs. I was going to clean up the old ones (only 4000 miles) but went ahead and got a new set. The brakes are off the front and I will rebuild the calipers again while the front end is off. Coolant is drained and I will be adding fresh Redline and distilled water.

I purchased new header gaskets as well. I thought I had an exhaust leak but found out it wasn't the gaskets. While cleaning the header for re-install, I found a large crack in one of the collector welds! WTF? I will be contacting Jardine in the morning the see about getting them to replace it. I have been breaking header springs for 2 seasons and now I know why. Hopefully the will send me a new one so I can sell it, and get an Arrow header instead.

I also bought another set of front rotors so now I have 2 complete sets of wheels, tires, rotors and sprocket. No need to keep swapping rotors.

I have been working on my shop/garage a lot while I am off work so I haven't got much done on the bike. I would like to get the calipers rebuilt today but we'll see.

Until next time.......peace.

Attachments

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
I left a message with my contact at Jardine. I have been dealing with her for a few years and hope to hear back tomorrow. If they don't replace the header, I'll just weld it myself. Either way, I'm going with a new setup.

I purchased a LeoVince Corsa Titanium full race system this evening. Hope to have it in a few days.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
Jardine requested pics of the header so the ball is in their court. I sent the pics on Monday and I'm waiting to hear back. They are ususally pretty good with the customer service so it would not surprise me to see a big box on the porch next week.

The new Leo Vince Titanium Corsa Race system will be here next Wed.

I installed the Ohlins rear shock.

I ordered a 08 600RR front master cylinder for better clearance with my new Vortex clipons. I have been using an RC51 master and the brake lines hit my gauge cluster.

Just a quick update. Layda.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
I shipped the Corsa Race exhaust back. I was going to have to remove most of the subframe tray, and swap the OEM battery with a smaller race one in order to install it. I will look for something else. I am still communicating with Jardine about the header.

I did get the front calipers totally rebuilt today. I took them all apart, cleaned them, installed new seals, and re-assembled. My pads have some life left in them but I will pick up another set soon.

I got my 08 600RR master cylinder yesterday. I will be installing it soon as well. I still have quite a bit to do but I have a couple months yet. Just a quick update. Layda.

Attachments

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Well, Jardine choked with their customer service. Didn't work out. I re-welded the entire pipe and will run the header again this season. I will never buy anything from them EVER again. Nuf said.

The exhaust has been re-wrapped and installed. I'm not going with a different setup as planned.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #480 (Edited)
FOR SALE....... Pictures on Page 30, post #442

2005 Honda CBR 600RR Trackbike ..... $4500 (bill of sale)
Runs strong, Handles great!
4600 miles
Ohlins .95 front springs (professionally setup by Jason Etter Dept of Suspension. 185lb rider)
Vortex Rearsets
Galfer Superbike front brake lines
Galfer G1375 brake pads
Galfer braided rear line
Titanium rotor and pinch bolts
Rizoma rear brake reservoir
HRC throttle kit
Pazzo levers
Superbike grips
K&N air filter
PC III usb
Speedohealer
Vortex sliders
Jardine SS header
Akrapovic Titanium slip-on
RC51 front brake master
1000RR killswitch
Sharkskinz (03/04 with correct windscreen and ram air tubes)
Zero Gravity double bubble
Vortex 520 sprockets 15,43
RK Gold x-Ring chain
Giles Rear Adjusters
Nicky modded front sprocket cover
Woodcraft case covers
Cox radiator guard
Scotts steering damper

Synthetic fluids
Water wetter
Safety wired oil fill, oil drain, and oil filter
TRACK READY!!