Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I go to find information on how to install a new clutch in my second around town bike? Alot of people tell me its extremely easy. I have the friction plates, clutch plates, 4 springs and a gasket from the honda dealer and I'm ready to tear in. There are probably some tips and things (including measurements) I should be keeping in mind or is it just take apart and throw back together as you found it. Probably not. If you send me in the right direction or write up a quick how to I would greatly appreciate it. Again its a 1984 CB125S nice putt around town bike. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got some information on a virago clutch install it looks like keeping stuff in order is the most important thing. A couple questions and I'm sure a Service manual would help but do I soak the clutches in oil for this model and also what is the torque specification for the pressure plate? Other than that I think I can remove and reinstall the plates without a hassle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind I fixed it. Torque was 106 inch pounds and I did soak the plates in oil. I had to remove exhaust, foot pegs, kick starter, oil pump cover to get to the plates if anyone plans on doing this in the future. I guess not alot of people own this fine classic. Its hard to get some of the parts now too :( Happy Riding!

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I have a bike with a "replica" of the CG125 engine. I'm almost sure that the CB125 is the "downsized" CB250 engine, right?

Fairly easy job, I've done it twice and it wasn't complicated, 30 minutes max.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it? Not sure but yes it wasn't bad at all. I did have one snag I didn't tighten the pressure plate bolts evenly enough the first time around the center rod got binded up. Backed it off and tried it again and the handle had pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts