Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the fact that there are certain situations that full on boots wont work for some riding scenarios, what do you think of these as a general everyday multipurpose boot for riding around town and such?

Attachments

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Please tell me a riding scenario that don't require full boots. Casual boots are never good for riding, period. I'm not telling you to go buy Sidi race boots, but you need to get something at least very sturdy, those will allow too much ankle movement in the event of a crash and you'll get a broken ankle.

Don't think I'm trying to be a dick, I'm just being honest, those boots are NOT acceptable riding gear in any situation. Some people might tell you they are, and they are misinformed or trying to fool themselves into justifying their own choice of boots. If you feel you have to justify buying these boots than you already know you are making a mistake. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ebbs15 said:
Try out the Icon Superduty boots...

I have a pair on my feet right now. I can wear 'em in to work and pretend theyre not motorcycle boots. They're very sturdy and extremely comfy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
someone said once that they were steel toe... but I can't find that anywhere in the product description... and I've only seen them twice at shops arround me... and always forget to check...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Those boots are fine. You could also break your ankle walking down steps.

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Desp said:
Those boots are fine. You could also break your ankle walking down steps.
Finally someone with a sense of humor.

Those Icon boot look awful klunky, I am all for something sturdy but I like a little dialogue between my feet and the pegs. Those soles look too thick, stiff and knotchy.

·
Registered
753 Posts
FZ6 said:
Finally someone with a sense of humor.

Those Icon boot look awful klunky, I am all for something sturdy but I like a little dialogue between my feet and the pegs. Those soles look too thick, stiff and knotchy.
The icon boots arn't clunky at all. It's all i have/wear currently. I just do casual commute riding now. When I start going out with some of the local guys Ill buy a nicer pair of boots but those work great and are very comfy.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Ebbs15 said:
Try out the Icon Superduty boots...
I, too, have a pair on my feet right now. I can walk all day in them.

Hell, after having worn these, going back to my tennis shoes almost hurts my feet from the lack of support etc. I've gone to wearing these boots as my primary pair of shoes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just keep a pair of slip on shoes under my desk and take off the motorcycle boots when I get to work.

Scott :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I agree that laces and bike don't mix too well.

It really sucks when one gets caught up on a peg and you're rolling to a stop.

Those Icons looks nice... it kind of surprises me that they have laces though.

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
Another alternative is the Oxtar Jupiter boot. Something I found to be less clunky the the ICON boots. I bought a pair from Newenough and I couldn't be happier. Very comfy, good protection, and gore-tex lined, too.

·
Registered
753 Posts
LuvDog said:
I agree that laces and bike don't mix too well.

It really sucks when one gets caught up on a peg and you're rolling to a stop.

Those Icons looks nice... it kind of surprises me that they have laces though.
The laces are flush, and the little strap that comes over covers the tie. Alls thats exposed is open lace but its flush against the shoe and the lace holes are under so nothings loose at all. Ive missed pegs from a stop a couple of times without any issues.

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Krik said:
Another alternative is the Oxtar Jupiter boot. Something I found to be less clunky the the ICON boots. I bought a pair from Newenough and I couldn't be happier. Very comfy, good protection, and gore-tex lined, too.
These look pretty dooable, and the sole of the toes look like they would give your foot a feel for the pegs and shifter. Do they?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
FZ6 said:
These look pretty dooable, and the sole of the toes look like they would give your foot a feel for the pegs and shifter. Do they?
Are you actually having problems "feeling" the shifter? Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're saying, do the boots you have now make it so you can't feel the pegs/shifter?

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
firefighter81 said:
Are you actually having problems "feeling" the shifter? Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're saying, do the boots you have now make it so you can't feel the pegs/shifter?
Go antagonize another thread Gear Nazi.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts