Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yea... I don't have a bike yet but I know someone who's sellin a 250 for under $2k. I was plannin to save up money and get a ex500 but now cause the price is right...

so I was just wondering... 250r has like sad hp/torque right? :D :dblthumb
But how good can it corner at high speeds? I'm not even close to this level but I'm just wondering. The tires seem a lot thinner. Can you drag a knee on this bike without having it lowside? heh just wonderin. :)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
yup, too all the above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I routinely lose riders on my 250 on bikes with 4 times the displacement. It can corner just fine, other than high speed sweepers where the bike runs out of juice.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Depending on your size, (the suspension is a bit soft) . It allows the decent rider a chance to use more of the capability of the motorcycle before the rider's ability runs out than on higher Hp bikes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The stock tires on the Ninja 250 absolutely suck. Goto www.ninja250.net and they will give you recommendations on which tire to install.

It's true the tires are thinner but its a much lighter bike so it's not an issue. Good luck :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
The lighter weight and skinny tires make the 250R an excellent handling bike... very easy to throw into turns. As a beginner, you'll probably be unable to push the bike to its limits for a while, so I wouldn't worry about dragging knees (which you can see from the other posts is possible).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts