Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going? Seems to be mostly Harley related, but I'm still going, it's something to do. Plus, I want to test ride a Buell, for kicks. About 170 miles each way from me, so it'll be a long day. Riding out with my neighbor who just bought a Sporty 1200.
If you see a naked blue SV1000 with D&D's, I'm sure that's me, because I'm one of the few people on the planet with a naked SV1000 :flipa

Here's a link : http://www.carlisleevents.com/schedule/bike/schedule.asp

:headbang

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i might go where is greesburgh i think its about the same distance for me as well i might ride with you if you dont mind

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greensburg's about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh. Not sure what time we'd be leaving, probably around 8:00am or so, since it's a good 2.5 hour ride. I'm not even sure of the day we're going, lol. My neighbor works 3-11 shift, so I haven't talked to him yet. He said it's definite, but we haven't worked out the details. Told him either day was good with me :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
i went last year and it was mostly sportbikes. the starboys were there and they had a burnout contest so that may have drew the sportbike crowd. lots of squids and posers there, wasnt anything great. but you never know this year might be good.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
hmm im tempted to go, but my plans to stay at my g/f's house fell through. not sure if i feel like doing the trip all in one day, especially cuz my rear tire is getting worn in the middle and that highway will eat it up. :dunno

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know if any of you guys actually made it, but my trip was a bust, lol. Got to the Carlisle exit on the Turnpike, and sat for an hour (No exaggeration). Crawled our way to town and creeped along for at least another 2 hours. We just gave up and turned around. It's all because of friggin' OCC, I guarantee it. It was 3:30, and we still weren't even there yet, and we left at 9:30am.
So, we took a 345 mile round trip to go to Eat n' Park, lol. Oh well, at least the weather was good and the scenery on route 30 to Breezewood kicked ass

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i was having chain probs.. so I didnt go luckely

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was big pimping at the races at Mid-Ohio this past weekend. But, do you have any pics of the show from the grandstands of sitting in the traffic?

Oh, I see you're in Greensburg. hit me up if you want to go tear up some twisties.

Later, Jeremy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts