1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
to much $ for riding on the street

·
Registered
475 Posts
Who wouldn't want those?!?! they're beautiful. C'mon, $3.4K - it's only money! For about half the weight savings and half the price you could get some OZ wheels... definately not as lovely though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
stock rims = heavy but durable
cf rims dont like pot-holes or wheelies, and the last thing you want is for you rim to shatter while you are on it

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought those awhile back....HOT DAYUM talk about expensive...but i saved the link cuz when i get my bonus at the end of the year i might buy new rims, will have close to 2k to spend...

·
Registered
416 Posts
those would be great for the track, but the lack of a cush drive would make stop and go traffic a challenge on them. but they do look cool, has anyone see the dymag wheels that have magnesium spokes and a carbon fiber rim

·
Registered
522 Posts
how strong are those wheels? They don't sound too sturdy, I'd probably opt for magnesium rims.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
erniespts14 said:
for that money id rather sell my bike and put the 3k in to a zx10r. id rather have a sick bike than sick wheels.
Ernie what you have to understand is that as far as how the bike performs and behaves, wheels make the biggest difference out of all mods. Anything reducing unsprung weight makes your bike a completely different monster. But yeah, not for the streets, I might consider them down the road for my Duc, but I don't do much riding on bad roads anyways.

·
Registered
475 Posts
About three years ago, I was at the point with my bike where it was time to start making some modifications. I debated for a long time whether I go for a titanium exhaust system and jet kit, or go with lighter wheels... well, I went with the exhaust system, and two seasons later I'm still messing with getting it jetted perfect. Now I wish I'd gone with the wheels. At least with wheels you just bolt em on and go, and it improves ALL aspects of performance on the bike - acceleration, handling, braking. Oh well, guess those will be next on the list of things to spend my money on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts