Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...had a little mishap and crushed my pipe a bit on my 03 636. Was wondering since I haven't really dealt with carbon fiber if it would be possible to cut it down to take away the damage. Im not too sure if it would totally mess up the pipe or what....heres some pics of the damage.....not to sure how to go about fixing it. It is leaking slightly (air coming through the damaged area) and it definatly makes it sound like crap. Not sure how it would affect the engine so any help would be greatly appreciated...I was planning on using a hack saw or a band saw with a fine blade for cutting metal....I really don't feel like destroying my pipe more than what it is.....

Attachments

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
It's screwed. Cutting it off there will make it sound horrible. See if Akra will repair it, if not, you'll need to buy a new slip-on

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
i know there is a guy on ebay who sells carbon fiber sleeves for cans. measure ur can length and diameter and order a new sleeve. just drill out the rivets take the can apart and put it back together with new rivets.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
fengler said:
i know there is a guy on ebay who sells carbon fiber sleeves for cans. measure ur can length and diameter and order a new sleeve. just drill out the rivets take the can apart and put it back together with new rivets.

I agree with fengler on this. The guy on eBay sells'em just buy the new one and swap it out. If it doesn't have the logo on it just buy the logo from Akro's website and put it back in. Helluva lot cheaper than a whole new pipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts