Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carb Cleaning

Where can I find some good notes on carb cleaning. Is it a esay to do. I'm Mechanicly inclined, but I've never worked with carbs. Just Fuel injected cars.

I plan on adding a Muzzy slip on to the bike I plan to buy, do i need to have it jetted for just a slip on? I used to have a zx6r that I rode for 3 years and never changed the exhaust, this time I want some sound!!!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Carb Cleaning is simple. Take your carburetor rack off your bike. Completely disassemble your carburetor, and spray the shit out of it with the cleaner. Make sure you remove all rubber components though. Carb cleaner will dry the rubber parts out and ruin them. Also make sure you get all your air and fuel bleeds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
good questions. no i don't ahve any extra parts left . but i'll double check again. btw the bike will start for few secs with starting fluid. only thing wasn't on is the airbox - i feed fuel though the tube.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i was having a problem with my carbs, i would idle, but then when i turned the throttle it died. i had a vacuum line run wrong.

matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts