Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and a few days ago I started experiencing a vibration in the gas pedal when accelerating to about 40-60 mph.. It also sounds 'rough' and it feels and sounds like metal grinding a little bit. My brother and a friend looked underneath and saw that the suspension bar on the left back tire was bent... could this be my problem? I'm taking it in tomorrow morning to have it looked at, but since I don't know much about cars I don't want them to tell me a bunch of crap is wrong with it if it's not. :feedback

·
Registered
24 Posts
Um... I don't see how a bent suspension bar could be related to a speed-specific vibration comming though the throttle control pedal. I'd be more suspect of the ABS unit. Does the light come on during key-on cycle? (Key on but before you start it all the lights come on... does the ABS light come on too?). When did this problem start?

I'm a licenced auto tech, but diagnosing over the net is damn near impossible :(.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Noltez for replying.. They just called me and said the trailing arm was bent and had cupped the back tires creating the loud sound and vibration. I'll need to replace that plus the two back tires. Much less inexpensive than what they initially thought, which was that the real wheel bearing was bad. To replace the hub for that they were going to charge me 757.00 + tax! Anyway, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts