Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what's happening to my bagnole, but it keeps dying.On my way to the studio this morning i was waiting on a stop sign and it just died. I actually didn;t realized until i steeped on the gas and the shit didn't move. I looked at the gauges and saw the rpm on zero. I put on park and cranked it up again. Took off no problem. This is the second time this happens this week...Any thoughts?

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Reactions: bassjones

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Cold? Wet? Little things first; change your air filter, test for vacuum leaks, etc... Is the car shaking before it dies? Any signs at all before it shuts off?

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chrysler 300c

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chrysler 300c

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
It's a chrysler, problem solved. My ex had a pt-cruiser, fucking worst piece of machinery. I was so glad when we got rid of it.

That being said, it might be an emissions thing, her car would die and run like shit randomly because of the evap canister.

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
if you don't have the check engine light on, in my experience 9 out of 10 times the fuel pump is failing.
they typically fail 3 ways the most.
1. like yours
2. suddenly
3. parked and never start again.

the rest of the time they just get weak and the car falls on it's face when you give it gas.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
It's a chrysler, problem solved. My ex had a pt-cruiser, fucking worst piece of machinery. I was so glad when we got rid of it.

That being said, it might be an emissions thing, her car would die and run like shit randomly because of the evap canister.
it might have had a vacuum leak. the evap canister has no impact on the function of the engine. it just captures raw fumes from the tank. but there is a vac line that goes to it when it's at a certain operating condition the computer opens up the valve to it to burn the fumes in the engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts