Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bullshit. i recently took my roomates 01 gixxer600 out on the highway. after several unsuccessful attempts to wheelie it, he let me give it a try. first try, a little hop. ok let me get used to this, 2nd try, bounced it up in 2nd and rode it for 1/2 mile. 3rd, 4th, 5th try...came right up in 2nd and rode out 1/4-1/2 mile. shifted to 3rd gear, bounced it right up and rode that a good ways. basically the moral of the story, your 600 will wheelie! his bike has pipe and power commander, and he's -1 on the front sprocket. not major mods but enough to give it a little more pep. even still, i guarntee that thing will bounce up easily in 2nd, stock. pics and maybe some short video clips to come....soon as it stops raining.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I see people wheelie 600's all the time, bone stock. Although I would classify a -1 front sprocket as a definite mod towards wheelies.
I'm at 6000 feet of elevation, where we lose almost 1/3 of our HP and people bring up 600's all the time. Maybe in first or second and at lower speeds, but certainly no shortage of 600's on one wheel here.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude i hear so many n00bies say "i need a b***** bike, this 600 wont wheelie".....wanna bet? lol ill get my roomates digital camera and get some short vid clips/pics. supposed to be sunny from tuesday-monday :D

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brentsR6 said:
man they need to know whats up, smack em with your helmet or somethin
ill smack you with it if you keep running your mouth :twofinger whats with those little pop-can wheelies in your avatar? :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
actually i've bounced 3rd stock, and 4th with a -1. the rest was bone stock on an 02 gix 6.

honda and yama's are only easier

·
Registered
416 Posts
i can bounce second no prob, and i can get it up harder longer :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
workin at second gear bounce ups. funny, i bounce and power wheelie in first no prob. i notice you cant bouce it up at 10Gs. my clutchin sucks. im down once again.(never try a stoppie at a damn redlight) however when it gets back to runnin again i need to practice.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
man, i can't seem to boune up my gsxr1000 in 2nd gear and its -1 in the front.

i know it can do it, but i can't. i'm thinking about switching to clutching it up.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
try standing up in 2nd, when the bike is in the powerband and just wack the throttle. i really dont have to bounce the 954 i can just wack the throttle. im switching to clutching now though

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can't get a very good bounce on my 954. It's ok but it could be better, so I just slip the clutch as I bounce and it comes up. I'll have a video of me tomorrow bouncing and clutching a 1975 Honda CB200T with 10HP (300 lbs dry) in first gear. I've been practicing for a while and I can finally do them pretty well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have some videos of a french guy doing wheelies on a CB500(Hondas twinshock euro answer to the EX500).
He does tank wheelies, standups,sitting...you name it.
Technique guys,technique. A(even10 yr old) 600 should have NO trouble.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A friend of mine has an F3 with stock gearing and he's popping it up at 60-65 mph and riding it out...I was impressed, but he made it look easy.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Hell, my 250 brings the front wheel up through 2nd without having to "bounce it up" so I know people can't be bitching about not being able to wheelie a 600 at all. Alot of the guys I ride with pull random wheelies on their 600's in second gear.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Hell, my 250 brings the front wheel up through 2nd without having to "bounce it up" so I know people can't be bitching about not being able to wheelie a 600 at all. Alot of the guys I ride with pull random wheelies on their 600's in second gear.

says the one who doesnt stunt...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts