Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been kinda messing around with wheelies lately. my problem is i cant get the tire more than like 1 ft. off the ground. I'm doing sit-downs, what i do is get the thing to like 20-30 in 1st, shit can it and pull up and i still cant get barely anything. Whats my problem here?

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
you might try letting off the gas a slight bit and as soon as the front suspension compresses, whack the FUCK out of the throttle and it will come up, just keep your foot near the rear brake in case you need to tap it and bring yourself back to earth. Don't slam on the rear brake either, just tap it and she'll come down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
most older 600s need to be in the sweet spot in first gear to power it up, to power it up try staying right between 7-8k and let off the throttle and then wack it. Be very careful, if anything happens just pull the clutch in. Once you can start riding them out for a little ways, practice using the rear brake by just bringin it up and then using the rear brake to bring it back down. This will help save you in case you go past the balance point. Once you have that down start practicing clutching them up, once you can clutch them you can bring them up at almost any speed and in second and third gear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
it just comes down to more practice and more balls. i used to be stuck getting em only 1 ft high too and thought it was my bike. but really, just be more aggressive.

if you are throttling it up, get onthe gas, then chop the throttle, rock forward, and in a fluid motion tug back hard and gun the throttle. it should come up higher and may scare you until you get used to it. long story short, you wont loop it. the quicker you get over that fear, the quicker you will learn to bring it up to the balance point, which is the goal here.

best way is to clutch it, you can do this at a fairly low speed. just moderately accelerate from a stop, then quickly slip the clutch (pull it in and immediately dump it) and for the split second the clutch is slipping, give the bike more gas and hold it there, and as soon as you dump the clutch the wheel should come right up. unless you have tached it out, the wheel will come up high enough to scare you (cuz youre not used to it) but you probably will not be even close to looping it. good luck. practice in some empty lot or road.

scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts