Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I decided to go ahead and install this, admin can delete my other threads if they want. But I can't find a decent installation guide. Pimpbike.com sent me a PDF file that was unbelievably vague and shitty and black and white.
Here's the kit I have. I got it for free but I'd like to install it if anyone knows of a guide. I've googled and searched youtube a ton but can't find anything. Thanks.

HONDA F4I UNDERTAIL 2001,2002,2003 [H-F4I-S-0103] - $99.99 : WWW.PIMPBIKE.COM, YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR MOTORCYCLE UNDERTAILS & ACCESSORIES

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the instructions to upload. Sweet, but I can't make any sense out of those dotted lines. If you cut along them it's still attached in the rear "towards center of bike". Is it saying your remove everything until the end of the dotted line?

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Don't install it, please.

on a motorcycle, the average idiot has a hard enough time "seeing" you.
making yourself more difficult to see and predict ("is he gonna change lanes?") is not ideal. I know it looks cleaner and better. but that's the price ya pay.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Cut off everything outside of the dotted lines so everything tucks inside the undertail. The two holes and the little metal bracket are for relocating the pillion seat lock cable, pop rivets work fine for attaching it (and won't vibrate loose). Once you get the tray out it makes more sense.

The typical license plate bracket these places supply offer nowhere to mount turn signals. Personally, I am not a fan of flushmounts as they are very hard to see from behind. I was nearly rammed once with stock lights by someone not paying attention. I want these fuckers to see me.

I made my own license bracket with little tabs to mount the stock lights. I guess you could make little tabs and just pop rivet them to the supplied bracket.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't install it, please.

on a motorcycle, the average idiot has a hard enough time "seeing" you.
making yourself more difficult to see and predict ("is he gonna change lanes?") is not ideal. I know it looks cleaner and better. but that's the price ya pay.
I'm gonna keep my stock turn signals... And my stock brake light. I posted another thread about this. It will be just as visible, only slightly cleaner.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cut off everything outside of the dotted lines so everything tucks inside the undertail. The two holes and the little metal bracket are for relocating the pillion seat lock cable, pop rivets work fine for attaching it (and won't vibrate loose). Once you get the tray out it makes more sense.

The typical license plate bracket these places supply offer nowhere to mount turn signals. Personally, I am not a fan of flushmounts as they are very hard to see from behind. I was nearly rammed once with stock lights by someone not paying attention. I want these fuckers to see me.

I made my own license bracket with little tabs to mount the stock lights. I guess you could make little tabs and just pop rivet them to the supplied bracket.
Thanks for the reply but I still don't really get it. The cutting is the part I'm confused about. Am I basically just leaving my stock glove box and making a big tab that will fit under the new tail kit?

So, I cut off the edges that connect to my fairings all the way back as far as the black lines go. Then I cut off the mud flap along that front dotted line leaving my trunk compartment in tact? Is that correct??

Jeeze. It doesn't sound hard but I'm afraid I'm gonna make a wrong cut.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Yes, they are assuming you still want to have a storage area and a place for that silly thing knows as a battery. Besides, you need something to mount the latch cable to.

Like I said, the pictures do make more sense once you have the tray out. The Hotbodies undertail I have is the same and the instructions looked almost identical.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, they are assuming you still want to have a storage area and a place for that silly thing knows as a battery. Besides, you need something to mount the latch cable to.

Like I said, the pictures do make more sense once you have the tray out. The Hotbodies undertail I have is the same and the instructions looked almost identical.
Of course I want to keep my trunk and battery, I'm just kind of confused what needs to be cut. I think I get it now, I just wish I had someone I could show it to in person to be absolutely sure. Cutting holes for my frame sliders was easy and they came out PERFECT, but the instructions couldn't have been clearer. These instructions just doesn't register very well with me. I'll take the bike apart soon and hopefully that will help like you said. I think it will.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Yes, that one is cut already to make it easier to show the cut lines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts