Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to bring my 04 636 back to the dealer today. It looked like the bike might be leaking oil out of the clutch actuater (SP) and I had a tooth broken on my front sproket. Now normaly I would be upset that the bike has had a couple problems but it doesn't bother me because when I call the dealer they say "It's under warrenty, just bring it in and we'll fix it". Some ppl will say that fixing it is their job, and your right. But I have had somethings happen with the bike the ppl in the shop could be like "Broken tooth on the front sproket!!! What are you doing wheelies or taken the bike to the drag strip and beating on it" but they don't so that's cool. Just thought I'd share that

·
Registered
217 Posts
That's Cool. I think that's how it should be, no need to give someone the 3rd degree because he want's his bike fixed. How'd you come to realize ya had the broken tooth on the front sprocket? pretty noticeable?

Wes

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
be nicer if the stuff haden't a broke in the first place..........RIDE RED :p

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
RACER X said:
be nicer if the stuff haden't a broke in the first place..........RIDE RED :p

hahahahahah!! +1 good one my Red Riding Brethren!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
off topic but one of my friends bought a 12 to go in his truck and blew it cause he turned the bass up all the way. he ended up getting three new speakers because of the warrenty!

·
Registered
6 Posts
well good customer service is always a plus... i ride green too but will share the sentiments that it shouldn't have borken in the first place, but good for kawasaki to be on top of the game to fix their fuckups

·
Registered
522 Posts
hehe...Ride Red...even though my Red Ride isn't actually red :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just got my 636 back from the dealership also. First service. Dealership service was very professional. I didn't have an appointment, I just went down to drop it off. Sevice manager asked me if I had any issues with it and I asked them if they could take some play out of the throttle while they were there and the bike's temperature gets really hot in stop and go traffic. I looked around the sales floor for a little while then went past the sevice bay and they already had it on the lift with the fairing off. I was surprised, but they said since I bought it from them, they went to work on it right away. Done in about an hour or so, and no mechanic did a burnout with it. (I remember a thread about that happpening). They said the FI timing was off a little and they adjusted it. It's a little smoother now.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
[QUOTE='01BlackBusa]Yeah dude, ride red....they don't make enough horsepower to snap a tooth off a hardened steel sprocket. :flipa[/QUOTE]

ZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGG!!!!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Sounds like a honest dealership you have there, here it's like pulling teeth with them all time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts