Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks:

From New York here, but I was down in the DC area for the past two days looking for apartments with my buddy and I said "Damn, when I go back to school with my bike I'm stopping by to visit and running the beltway at 3am." Anyway, just wondering if anyone in DC ever does that (seems like a lot of State Troopers down there) and how fast they can do it in. Funny that the first DC post is from a New Yorker.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Remember that in VA., 100mph is jailtime for sure. I'm not much into riding around the beltway at any time. I head west to the country roads.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Have it on good authority from a cop in Fairfax County that if you are caught here (the VA section of the Beltway) speeding, you get a day in jail for each mph over 90.

Beltway is pretty empty at 3am but you are still a fucking idiot for riding/driving that (or any other) road over 70-75mph. Past 75 at night and you are pretty much begging to get pulled over. They do have helicopters in FFX County and they will use them.

I don't get this need to break triple digits or high double digits on public roads. It's not a game. It's just plain stupid. You want to ride/drive that fast? Take it to a track.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They used to do it in ATL.....1G to get in. Winner take all....The only catch it was done during rush hour.....

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I have a feeling soon enough we are gonna be reading a story about this in the papers and are gonna have a post with alot of people saying "RIP" When are people gonna learn? :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Barry what's happening. I just came back from Iraq and now I am stationed in Germany. Still riding the busa of course and loving the Autobahn over here. How's the family?

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
You can run 75-80 pretty much anytime of the day except during rush hour (5hour!) and not worry about getting pulled.

I'm on 95 and the Beltway pretty frequently in the early morning hours due to work.
The only people out there during those hours are drunks and cops. Not a good time to
be playing Cannonball Run! :drunk You'd be playing bumper tag with one or the other...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts