Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m writing this post to plead for help from my fellow riders. The family of a friend of mine has been hit with some devastating news. Her Uncle recently collapsed while at work. He was rushed to the hospital where he received the news that he has three cancerous brain tumors that are the result of lung cancer that has spread. Needless to say, this news came as quite a complete shock to him and his family. John is a young man, only 45 years old, with a wife and two teenage daughters who depend on him and need him to be in their lives for many, many years to come.

John and his oncologists are proceeding with a treatment plan as rapidly as possible. All possible avenues of treatment are being explored, and from what I’ve been told, John and his family are trying to stay positive throughout all of this.

Due to the severity of John’s diagnosis, his wife has quit her job in order to help provide the care that he needs. The family has some savings, but those funds will soon be stretched to the limits. With the Christmas season arriving in a matter of weeks, this news could not have come at a worse time.

John’s family is hosting a fundraiser to help with medical bills as well as other financial commitments that his family is responsible for. For those in the St. Louis metro area, I’ve attached a copy of the flyer. Just because John’s life is being put on hold, doesn’t mean the bills are on hold as well.

I understand that times are tough for just about everyone. However, I would like to ask you fine folks to help in any way that you can. For example, skip the $5 coffee for a couple of days or take your lunch a day or two. Take those savings and mail them to the fund that has been set up to help John and his family. Besides making a monetary donation, a generous gesture could also include a gift card to stores such as Target, Wal Mart, or Walgreen’s (to help with prescription costs). A gift card to a restaurant such as T.G.I.Friday’s, O’Charley’s, Appleby’s, etc. would be great for a night out for the Evers family. Anything that you can send or think will help John and his family will be greatly appreciated.

All donations can be sent directly to:

The John Evers Benefit Fund
c/o Southwest Bank
3280 Hampton Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63139

As a cancer survivor myself, I’m here to tell you that people do indeed beat cancer. Please help John’s family in making sure John wins his fight too. Your kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated will not go unnoticed. Unfortunately, cancer is a disease that will affect every single one of us in some way, shape or form at some point in our lives. Please open your heart and help show John’s family what a caring bunch of folks we motorcyclists are. If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your time and donations.

Sincerely,
Scott

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts